VII

Isla Davis

I immediately run to the bathroom and vomit blood because of my ribs, I assume. He chased me to the bathroom, he looks worried? If I didn't know him any better I would say that he cares and he is worried about me but I know him and I know better.

I walk back to my office without acknowledging him and he follows me like a lost puppy.

"What is going on with you Isla?" He breaks the silence.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, acting stupid even though I know what he is referring to.

"This is the second time I'm seeing you with bruises and don't try to make up any other lie to me. I know something is wrong" He says. Busted.

"It's none of your business Abel" I snap.

"I will find out whatever it is you are hiding, even though the reason you hate me is unknown to me, I will help you" He says and with that he leaves.

The asshole leaked my nudes back in high school and left the town, now he's playing stupid games. Did he lose his memory or something? Dumb bitch.

What did he mean by that though? Will he really do a research or something? I thought he was the boss of their company but apparently he has another job that probably includes the cops and I'm a drug addict so I should avoid him as much as I can.

🫀

ABEL GARCIA

"I told you I haven't found the drug dealers you are looking for" I have found the drug addict though.

"You have to dig deeper Abel or otherwise we will have someone else do it" My boss says and I know what he means by that.

"Does that mean you will lower my position?" I ask him. He is definitely threatening me, this son of a bitch.

He knows that I have my own company and I don't need this job, I only do it for fun. I know fun isn't the right word to describe working for the fucking FBI, but I always loved exploring everything as a kid, I always wanted to become a detective.

"Or I could just fire you" He tells me.

"You know that I don't give a shit if you fire me but I know you wont because you need me so if you do fire me you'll fail" I confidently say to him, because the whole team depends on me and he knows that.

"Well, I also know that it's impossible to give you a job for a month and a half and for you not to be able to get it done. You have probably found the people, you are just trying to dig deeper into them and get more information like you always do" He says.

"Maybe, I do" I smirk.

"You have two weeks to bring them to the cops or you are fired" My boss tells me.

Isla's ass is going to jail.

I have to find out what is happening to her, seeing her in a worse condition everyday, just doesn't feel right to me.

I don't even know why that woman hates me to be honest, I don't know what I had done to her back in high school that she hates me so much for. She broke things with me when my parents were about to have a divorce and I was having a hard time that I had to move back to my hometown.

My father is from Canada and my mother is from Barcelona, they never had a very good relationship they just pretend that they did in front of us kids.

Anyways, she is mad at me for reasons unknown to me, she keeps saying that I know when I basically don't. She is mad at me when I should be the one being mad at her for breaking things with me at the lowest point of my life.

I don't know anything that happened with her ever since I left because all of our mutual friends began not speaking to each other and we never got in touch ever since, now we did and she suddenly hates me.

I should hate her too and I will hate her too, there's probably nothing going on with her and I shouldn't care about her when she doesn't care about me. Why should I try to find out what she is hiding from me when she hates me so much? I should just mind my own business and destroy the soft spot that she holds onto me.

"I think it's time that you get back to the company and drop that job of yours Abel" Ayla tells me.

"I have some stuff to take care of Ayla, I can't just drop the job, you know how deep it is, you have to let them know a lot earlier when you want to leave" I inform her.

"It's hard for me to take care of everything all by myself, you began this job like a year ago or something that you got so obsessed with that you didn't care about the company, you never came to the meetings or anything, only when it includes Isla, that's when you show up" She says.

"It's not about Isla, not everything is about her Ayla. This collection is important to our image" I honestly respond.

"Keep telling yourself that. She is beautiful Abel but something has happend to her, she has changed. A lot" She tells me. I know, I just wish I knew why, she isn't the same Isla I knew.

"I don't care, I didn't even notice" I lie but a lie that I should keep repeating it to myself until I begin believing it.

"You came from Barcelona to New York with the hope that you will meet her and communicate with her, sort things out and get back together" She lies.

"No, I came back to get close to her and take my revenge on her. Send her ass in jail" I say.

"You know that's not true" She says as I roll my eyes at her.

"You will see" I warn her.

"I will never forgive you if you do that to her" She says to me.

"Don't forgive me, I don't care because you don't know anything" I say as I get up and leave her alone in the pub.

( ᴗ͈ᆺᴗ͈ )つ━☆ ・*。
⊂   ノ    ・°
しㅡJ   °。+ * 。
         . ・°
         ° 。゚ ゚・。・゚ ゚。

Author's Note:

Finally Abel's POV!! He might be a bit disappointing but keep reading to get closer to the plot twist everyday.

Thank you for the support.

LOVE!