24. Frail hope

It's been 3 days since Jimin's gone missing. The police questioned everyone from his dorm mates to his fellow dancers, students, professors and his family members who lived 400 km away in his hometown.

- Do you know anyone who would likely want to harm him? - the detective asked Jungkook in one of the classrooms that was temporarily declared an interrogation room.

Everyone was questioned separately, even his closest friends. JK felt a clench in his throat, this question always arises in crime movies when it's about a murder. He also knew that after 3 days the probability of the worst-case scenario is multiplied every hour.

- Do you believe that... s-somebody hurt him...? - he asked in a shaky voice.

- We have to account for everything. Please answer the question.

- He's the kindest, loveliest creature on earth.... - JK couldn't stop his tears from falling.

- You can think of... homophobia, envy, jealousy... Someone who bullied him... Whatever comes to your mind could be helpful.

- Envy, yes! He complained about his classmate, Bang Chan, who accused him of... having... sex with a professor in order to get the lead role. Which was an obvious lie, Jimin is the best dancer in the Academy, everyone knows that.

The officer hummed and took notes before asking if Jungkook had any other names coming to his mind, but he just shook his head. Who would harm this angel? Maybe a psychopathic murderer, or a sexual predator... He was so shocked by the thought that he began to tremble, fidgeting nervously with his fingers.

- Mr. Jeon, please keep calm.

The detective asked his colleague to bring him a glass of water which he got within seconds. He handed the full glass to Jungkook, who almost spilled it all over the table before taking a sip.

- We know, that your... relationship with the victim is...

- Victim...?!

- Sorry, I mean, with the missing person... is extraordinary - the officer cleared his throat.

- Yeah... that's right.

- Is it possible... by any means... that your other boyfriend, Mr. Kim Taehyung... happen to be responsible for Mr. Park's disappearance?

- No. That's absolutely out of the question.

- Are you sure, I mean, they may have had an argument or...

- I'm sure - JK interrupted with a death glare.

- Okay, I understand. Thank you for your time, Mr. Jeon. And take some rest. We'll do our best to find your friend.

Jungkook left the room with shaking limbs and a teary, pale face, he almost collapsed into Taehyung's arms in the hallway. All the other students who were waiting for their turns looked at him with sympathetic eyes. Hoseok joined the couple and hugged them both with a worried face.

- He... he used the words "harm" and... and "victim" - JK said, while the two men sat him down on a chair.

- They will find him, Jungkook, they have to! - Hoseok tried to comfort him, as well as himself.

- Take these - said Taehyung, while holding two pills and a glass of water in his hands - Sedatives. They will make you feel better.

- There's only one thing that can make me feel any better. Getting him back safe and sound - JK said, but he took the pills without hesitation.