Chapter Five: Lyle

I walked over and got my girls together: Ainsely, Brynn, Rose, and Arabelle. They all looked confused, for I didn't exactly tell them why I was bringing them outside to my garage to get into a car they had never seen before. Rose ran over and got into the front seat before anyone could beat her to it.

She was sitting there, her short little legs crossed, and a smile stretched from each side of her face. "I like sitting in the front so I can see more."

I laughed, "Okay, so do you girls want to know what we're doing now?"

I looked out to see a bunch of big eyes attached to nodding heads. I got into the car and the rest of the girls squished into the back, luckily this car was big enough for all of us. I put my keys into the car, turned them, and felt the sweet rumble of my new car. I turned on the radio, found our favorite song, "We are going SHOPPING!"

As I looked back, I saw that everyone was smiling now, not just Rose. I could see that they all realized that this was my new car, something they hadn't realized before. All of a sudden, they all started screaming, hurting my ears. But, how fun would it be if I was the one person who didn't scream also. So I smiled and started screaming too.

Rose had reached over and turned up the volume as we pulled out of the garage and out into the street. We were singing on the top of our lungs the whole way to the mall, annoying everyone who happened to drive past us. I swear, there were a variety of reactions to it : laughing, stares, and we even got a few middle fingers here and there. But none of us cared, we were having a good day.

"Hey look," Arabelle yelled, making us all stop. "It's that pet store! Can we please go inside?"

I looked back and Ainsley was nodding her head rapidly, Brynn was trying to calm her down. I looked beside me to find Arabelle with her fingers crossed, they were turning white from squeezing too tight.

"Why not?" I said as I pulled into the shopping center, finding a spot right infront of a small coffee shop, which happened to be right next to the pet store. As we got out of the car I saw the bird perched on its little post outside, as it usually is. He was walking back and forth on his little perch that was sticking out from the pole, singing, "Hello. Pretty bird, pretty girls." Over and over again.

I walked over to it and said thank you to him. He bowed down and I reached out my hand and pet his head. He lift up his head as I stopped, "Go in."

I started laughing as I walked inside, leaving everyone staring at us as we stepped through the door. We didn't mind though, we were having fun.

"I see you've meet our doorman, Repeat." A voice said from our left. We all turned to find a guy around our age walk up to us, staring right at Brynn. She wasn't looking at him though, she was looking down at the puppy they let out in the pen. I nudged her arm, she looked up and glanced over at him.

She started blushing when she noticed him speechless, "My name is .."

He couldn't finish, he was mumbling a bunch of nonsense that nobody could understand.

Brynn laughed, "You're Lyle."

He nods, and brushes his hair back. "Yah .. Um... Yah that's um ... That's my name."

We all laughed, Brynn was laughing too. We found it hilarious and adorable how he was speechless at the sight of her, his jaw still hanging from him mouth.

"Can you get this puppy out for us?" Ainsley and Arabelle said in unison. They had run over to a glass case enclosing a little, white boxer inside of it. It was chasing their fingers around the glass, it's tongue pressing against the case.

He nodded as he cleared his throat, "Yah .. Um I'll get him for you r- right now."

He walked towards a back door. As he opened the door you could see all the puppies turn towards the back off their cage, we all turned towards Brynn who was trying to be distracted by the small parakeets beside her.

"Brynn, why don't you go and get the puppy from him for us?" Rose said for she could see him through the glass grabbing the puppy. Arabelle and Ainsley had run over to Brynn as soon as he turned his back.

Brynn was blushing, but tried to play it off, "He is kind of cute isn't he?"

We all laughed and started saying 'oooohh' in sinc.

Brynn was laughing now, stepping back from the group and then moving back. You could tell that she was attracted to him.

Just then, he walked back out of the door. Brynn freaked out and tried to act natural, to only throw her arms behind her head and sticking her right foot 2 feet out infront of her.

"I've got your puppy," he said as he was hugging it close to him, "She's a sweetheart."

I grabbed my phone and pretended to take a call, hinting for the other three to do the same so that Brynn would be forced to take it from him. Sadly, Arabelle didn't catch on, she took the puppy from him as she screamed.

Brynn walked over to the puppy and started petting it, her hand stroking the short, white fur of the little thing. "So how long have you been working here?"

Lyle was playing with the bottom of his shirt, bunching it up into a ball and then letting it go. As it fell from the ball, you can see the wrinkles from where it bent and curled.

"Hey Lyle," I said as I walked over to him. "We will come back later, but I am shopping for a dress for my date tonight so it's gonna be a while. What time do you get off?"

Lyle nervously checks his watch, "Around.. Um uhhhhhh.. Around 5ish."

I laughed and nodded my head. My phone rang, or vibrated. When I looked down, I saw Brayden had texted me.

The text read:

*Hey sweetheart. Just thinking about how beautiful you are going to look in this dress you're shopping for. Enjoy this very interesting picture of me and our friends. *

I opened the attachment to find a picture of my very handsome boyfriend, but the rest of the guys were making faces at the camera. Most of them were sexual faces, but knowing them, that wasn't weird at all.

I held my phone to my chest and laughed, making all the other girls come over to see. I held out my phone and they all surrounded it.

"Okay, everyone to my beautiful red car."

Don't forget to vote