Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprise?

He doesn't look upset at all, how come he doesn't look ashamed of what he did to me, of what he almost did to Chance?

"What are you doing here?" I asked, letting go of Chance to walk over to Brayden. He walked out to me, arms open wide.

I stepped back, wrapped my arms around my waist. He looked at me, as if I had just disappointed him, "Babe, please. I need to talk to you."

A look of worry swept over his pale skin, every muscle clenching to his bones, he really did look more sick than he had before. I feel bad for him, even if he had tried to kill my best friend. He genuinely cared about people, he never really looked out for himself the way he did others. Yesterday was the only exception to this rule, I want to know why.

"What is it?" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. I was trying to keep my stance on this situation, I didn't want to sound shifty. But when he started crying, I couldn't help but hug him.

"I'm so sorry Klo. I should've never let him do it, I was acting too fast and didn't think about what I was letting him do." He said, gripping me close to him. He was shaking again.

I couldn't leave him like this, but I can't see him like this anymore either, my heart might fail itself. "Why don't you stick around and hang out with us? Nobody has anything planned right?"

I looked out, the girls were smiling and shaking their heads no. Phoebe walked over and grabbed my hand, "We are here as long as you want us."

Brayden reached out for her other hand and smiled, "That's amazing of you guys."

I looked out at Chance, he had his advanced fake smile on, one that only I can detect. "What about you C?"

He shook his head no, "I actually need to go see my sister. She's worried about me. I'm just gonna spend the day with her okay?"

I nodded, a little confused, but I went over and gave him a big hug. I reached up and whispered in his ear, "Don't do anything stupid."

* don't forget to vote *