Chapter Twenty-Seven: Flimsy Rag Doll

"DON'T THROW HER!" I yelled,Brayden had propelled Makenzy into the back seat of my car as if she was nothing more than a flimsy rag doll. I pictured her little head flying back and snapping, knocking her unconscious.

I heard her giggling, he was standing frozen at the door, afraid to get in the car. Kenzy has the tendency to giggle in very unfortunate situations, especially when it's with Brayden. "Sorry Klo, she just makes me goofy."

I shot a glare at him, making him uneasy. He pulled his hair from his face, revealing the most pale skin I had ever seen a human possess. "I understand that you may get goofy, but if her neck snaps and kills her, would you be able to live with yourself?"

He got inside the car, holding the roof as he stepped inside. It's no surprise that he does this stuff with her,we met his family a while back at church. I was merely a little 5 year old, but we always had play dates. Although, as we grew older, the name transformed into hang outs, and now to dates. Throughout this time, Brayden has been like a second older brother to her, one that could take her out for ice cream and actually drive her.

Of course, he was the same with my brother, always helping him out with the ladies - which I won't allow until he is in highschool obviously - but I simply cannot connect to them the way he can. He has been there for Kenzy since her birth , and for Cody since he was 2.

"Sissy, he was only showing me how to fly." Makenzy announced, looking so serious that I nearly peed myself because I was laughing so hard. I don't know how she can seem so immune to her own jokes, it makes them all the more funnier for us though.

I felt an uneasy hand touch my arm, shaking as if it were attached to a kid about to give a presentation. I turned, to see Brayden staring at me, "I don't feel good." His eyes dropped from my eyes to his hand, it was now shaking my whole arm. Then they shut.

I heard Kenzy freak out a little, she gasped rather abruptly. But when I looked back, she was beginning to buckle herself, "What are you waiting for? Buckle him up and let's take him to the hospital."

It's hard to believe that a 7 year old was more calm than me in this situation, she really was the genius my parents brought her up to be.

I reached over, my hand shaking as I tried to quickly put his seat belt on him, I was already in tears and it was hard to see through them. I pulled the belt across him and told Kenzy to put it in the buckle because I needed to start the car, when in reality, I couldn't look at him like that for a second more without fainting.

I heard a click, and I drove off.

* don't forget to vote *