Chapter Thirty-Five: Note Two

Brayden's parents walked into the room, both looking shocked to see a bunch of teenagers laying around the room randomly. I was crying up on a chair that had been pulled up by my parents earlier, crying into the itchy back.

His mom ran across the room, trying not to trip on the others, "Oh sweetheart. He's okay. He just got out of surgery."

I looked up, forcing a smile but only got my salty tears in my mouth. "It's not that. It's.."

"Chance was the donor." Xander said, quickly jumping in, saving me the pain. Although, the way he said that wasn't even that bad.

"Oh. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I know how close you were." She said, reaching down and giving me a huge hug.

I hugged her back, but she felt as if she wasn't all there. "What's wrong?"

She smiled, "Before he fell asleep, he asked for you. The doctors told us that you were all he talked about before they put him under."

I smiled, going to get up. Xander asked if I wanted him to walk with me to his room, he knew I was still shaking. I told him that I could make it, it was only right down the hall, and if something happens that I'm at a hospital already. He was amused, almost laughing at my snarky comment.

As I walked down the hall, I saw his room at the very end, window faced so the I could see inside. He was laying peacefully, asleep but smiling his beautiful smile.

I'm truly lucky to have him here alive, not lying on a metal table with a beeping noise playing with no delay until the turn off of the machine. He will wake up, graduate, and live his life.

Live his life with me.

Oh wow , I love the sound of that. His parents already have an apartment that they are giving to him and I, pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

As I walked in, the nurse smiled, "I had a feeling you'd be here soon. Just sit here, he should wake up in about five minutes."

I nodded my head and walked over to sit down, the chair was even more comfy than the one in the other room. The fact that I simply made it here was enough.

I reached for my necklace, I play with it when I'm nervous.

Wait ! The note, Chance told me to read it when I finish the other one.

I looked over at Brayden, nicely placed on his bed. I looked at the nurse, who was looking at me with eyes almost like my puppies.

"Could I?" I asked, motioning towards Brayden.

She smiled, knowing I was going to ask her that very question. "Go ahead Sweetheart. I'm sure you're little, short self won't crush his heart."

I tried to ignore her comment as I ran over to the bed, it kinda hurt to hear her be so ignorant about this situation. But right now, I didn't  care, at least one of them is alive.

I got up in the bed, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around my shoulder. I dug my head into the pillow, held his other hand, and kissed his cheek.

I took the note from the bottle, it was small.

It said:

Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. I will always be here for you, one way or another, I will always be your older brother.

I cried, for we both agreed that Stitch is quite possibly the cutest little character ever. We wrote this quote on the front of our notebooks every year and signed the other's to symbolize that we are family. It's kinda corny, but it meant the world to me.

I felt Brayden move, every muscle clenching, his hand squeezing mine. I smiled, turning to face him. He opened his eyes slowly, looking around first, then down at me. "Oh hey Beautiful. I don't remember you being here."

"Well, I wasn't going to miss seeing your beautiful brown eyes when they opened again." I said, slowly leaning towards his face. His breathe felt warm, really comforting after the last 4-5 hours spent crying.

He gave me a stern look, "You are coming way too slowly." He quickly grabbed the back of my head, pulling me into his lips. He tasted of medicine, which is never good tasting, but I didn't mind. "See? My kissing skills are still in tact."

I kissed him again and pulled away. I laughed, but then I remembered, he didn't know about Chance. I sighed, "I have to tell you something.."

Don't forget to vote