Chapter Thirty-Six: Breaking News

Brayden took the news pretty hard, not as hard as me or his family, but he still cried and hit some walls. Chance was a great friend to the both of us, losing him was going to be a hard thing to get over.

Around seven, my parents showed up with both of my siblings. Cody and Kenzy both sprinted over to him, giving him a huge hug. My brother looked so excited to see him, which for him to show that much enthusiasm was crazy. He's been trying to be "cool" since he is a freshman at our school now.

"Dude, Brayden. I'm so glad to see you, I couldn't sleep last night at all." Cody said, picking up Kenzy. She was beaming, her smile was so big that it was as if it were a cartoon.

Brayden grabbed my side, holding me close to him. I put my head on his chest and my hand reached out to Cody. "Can you get my work from my teachers today? I'd like to spend the day with Bray, he gets out later."

Cody faked a gasp, "Oh my goodness, Klo is missing school? What has this world come to?"

I stared him down, trying to intimidate him, but it didn't help that everyone else started to laugh, even Brayden.

"I'm sure your uptight math teacher would love to give you the notes from the day." Cody remarked, making a stupid face.

"Thanks. I'm sure he'd love to deal with your attitude also."

Up until Brayden was released, we spent with his parents and younger brother, Franky. Franky was ten years old, so he attends elementary school, but his parents thought it best if he didn't go today.

The next day was going to be tough though. The doctors released him to go to school, mainly because we need to set everything up to graduate and attend college.

Everything seemed fine, but it's missing something. It's missing Chance.