The plan

Charlie's POV:

I walk back into my dorm room smiling to myself. Still high from my first kiss with Ryker, I toss my phone on the bed not noticing the buzzing. I grab my towel and head towards the showers. I take my time in the shower singing love songs to myself. "Hey look a freshman left his clothes out" I hear another boy whisper. I shut the shower off popping my head out. "Shit" I mumble. The only thing left on the bench is my towel. Groaning I get out of the shower quickly grabbing the towel and wrapping it around my waist. Normally I'd be super upset but I'm too distracted thinking about how his lips felt on mine. I float back to my room. I open the door and jump back a few feet. Nick is pacing in front of my bed.

Nick's Pov:

Charlie jumps back grabbing my attention. His hair is still dripping. I look him up and down and start sweating. I've seen him a dozen times without a shirt throughout the years. But I've never seen him like, like.. this. I shake my head trying to shake out all of the impulse racing through me. He walks over to me sliding a shirt on. He coughs lightly and I turn around giving him his privacy. "Okay your good now." I turn around to a fully dressed Charlie and a frown forms on my lips. "Why are you pacing in my room?" He sits down on the bed. I can tell he's irritated. "You weren't answering your phone" I huff. "I didn't hear it and I went to take a shower." He explains. "Obviously" I mumble. "What was so important that you had to break into my room?" He laughs. His smile kills me and butterflies take over. I haven't had feelings this strong for him in years but seeing his hand in Rykers is driving me nuts. "I didn't break in I made an extra key for when you lock yourself out." I roll my eyes making sure to be over dramatic. "Ok, but still what's up?" He raises his eyebrows. I move over to the bed sitting next to him. He softens and leans back. "Since when are you and Ryker a thing?" I whisper. "Since when do you care, aren't you all over Maddox anyway?" He scoffs. His words sting and I'm taken aback. "Why do you care if I'm with Maddox?" I ask. "I don't, I just think it's weird to be all over someone you don't even know." He shrugs his shoulders. "Oh like we've been here what a day and your all over Ryker." I raise my voice and regret it immediately. "That's different, I've known Ryker since freshman year when you dragged me into that locker room." He glares at me. "He's just going to hurt you, he flirts with everyone." I plead. I don't understand what Rykers has and I don't. "If your not going to be supportive of Ryker and I then just leave me alone right now. We had a really good date and I don't want to deal with this right now. Go drool over Maddox or something." He raises his voice. I get up to leave. If he doesn't want me around I'm not going to stay. I turn the door knob looking back. He's smiling at his phone. He must be texting him. I walk out the door remembering when that smile was reserved for me.

I walk back into my dorm slamming the door. "Woah, dude. What's up with you?" Max sits up on the couch. "Nothing, Char is just being so stupid over nothing." I groan. "Oh your just jealous." He returns to scrolling through his phone. "No I'm not, you don't know Ryker he's a flirt and he doesn't actually care about him." I scoff. "He doesn't care about him like you do right.." he pauses choosing his next words carefully. "Because your in love with him?" He leans forward listening. "What... how.. I'm not..." I stutter. "Dude it's okay, I may be straight but I can still tell when a dude likes another dude." He lets out a chuckle. "I've know you a day and your so obviously in love with him." I sit there thinking. Max is straight and I'm a little disappointed but I'm obviously not over Charlie anyway. "Ok, I've been in love with him since we were kids but he doesn't like me anyway. I tired to go talk to him about Ryker but he was too concerned with me being 'all over you'" I make finger quotes in the air pouting. "Well... you kinda have been." He smiles. "Sorry.. I didn't know you were straight." I look down embarrassed. "It's okay, that doesn't matter right now. He was upset about you being all over me?" He asks perking up. "Yeah, he was going on about barley knowing you." I shrug my shoulders. "Dude, he may not even know it but he definitely likes you back." He jumps up. "I have an idea." He crosses his arms smirking. "Charlie doesn't know I'm straight." "Okay and... what does that have to do with anything?" I ask confused. "He's jealous of you being all over me." He states as if it's obvious. "Okay." I scratch my head still confused. "Dude, let's make him jealous. He will have to realize his feelings for you eventually." His smirk grows wide. "You mean like fake date?" "Yeah, I mean it could work." He smiles very proud of his plan. I sit them contemplating. A few moments pass and I get a notification from snap. I open it to see Char added to his story. It's a picture of Ryker with his arms wrapped around his waist from behind and a heart emoji. Heat rises in my cheeks. "Okay" I look up. "Let's fake date."