Please don't be mad at me

Nicks Pov:

A few weeks pass by and Charlie's still not talking to me. I lay on the bed throwing a ball up and catching it. I'm sick of seeing pictures of him and Ryker all over insta. There's a small knock on my door and I jump up immediately thinking it's finally Charlie. Max pops his head in and I lay back down grunting. "Dude, are you still sulking?" He rolls his eyes. "I'm not sulking! It's not my fault he's not talking to me." I toss the ball up but before I can catch it Max grabs it mid air. "A little birdie told me that Ryker is taking Charlie to a bar tonight. Wanna go and make him jealous?" He smirk. I shoot up out of bed "he's taking him to a bar?!?" I shriek. "Calm down lover boy. He's aloud to have fun without you ya know." He chuckles. "Come on lets go, but first you gotta change." He turn on his heals and walks out the door. I look down to remember I'm wearing marvel Pj's.

We walk into the bar and the first thing I notice is how loud it is. "Why is everyone screaming?" I look over at max. He shakes his head "never been to a sports bar before?" He point to the tv with the local hockey game on. Oh. I think. I can't believe Charlie agreed to come here. As if thinking about him could summon him, he walks out of the bathroom. He smiles my direction and my heart flutters. He waves over and Ryker pushes past me "Oh" I say out loud. "Come on lover boy, let's get this plan going?" He grabs my hand lacing his fingers through mine. "Two shots of vodka please." He shouts at the bartender. Max hands me one and I down it instantly. "Damn boy, I didn't think you had it in you." He laughs. "Nick?" I turn around to see Charlie's face red. I know that look, I'm in trouble. "What are you doing here?" He crosses his arms. Before I can answer max wraps his arm around my waist pulling me close. "I thought I'd show my boyfriend around, I guess yours has the same idea." He nods to Ryker. Steam comes out of Charlie's ears and I can't help but enjoy the sight. Ryker comes up from behind. "Yo let me get 4 shots of vodka." He shouts. "Well since we are all here we might as well hang out!" He yells over the noise. Charlie nods his head leaning it on his shoulder.Ryker passes out the shots and Charlie throws his back. He starts coughing and I can't help but smile. He's never been one to hold his alcohol. I throw mine back and wink at Max. His plan might work after all.

The game ends and people start to clean out the bar. We are 4 shots in and my words are starting to slur. "I wanna cludddleeee" Charlie reaches his arms out. Ryker sits down pulling him onto his lap. Charlie snuggles into him. "Okay baby, I think your cut off from anymore shots." He giggles. I look over to Max panicked. He squeezes my hand and shoots me a smile. "Why don't we head to our dorm. I've got a couch and a tv. We can sober up and watch a movie yeah?" He looks down at me smiling. "Popcorn" Charlie mumbles. "Char, I have your popcorn in my room." I can't help but smile. Ryker shoots me a glare. "Let's go baby. Can you walk?" He helps Charlie up and throws his arm around his neck to prop him up. Charlie nods his head and stumbles through the bar. "The boy really can't hold his alcohol can he." Max nudges me. "Nah, he's never been able too." I look down smiling. "The first time we ever drank, we were 15 and we had to sneak it into my house. We drank half a bottle and he tired convincing me that we should get married so that we could be adults and drink all the time. He just kept saying 'but if we get married then my parents can't tell me no to anything and then we can drink and feel good every day.' He puked for the next hour." I let out a chuckle. "Dude, he's definitely into you. I just dont think he knows it." He nods his head over to Charlie standing in the door. His arms are crossed. "Are you guys coming it is your dorm" he slurs. We rush out the bar and walk the short walk back.

Max unlocks the door and I go grab the popcorn out of my room. "Here" I shove it at him. "Thanks nickyyyy" I blush and look over to see Ryker is the one with his arms crossed now. Max puts a movie on and everyone groans. "Dude, don't you think we deal enough with hockey when we play?" Max shakes his head. "It's a good movie" he defends. "No way" Charlie laughs. "I am not watching a hockey move surround by hockey players." "Yeah I agree!" Ryker yawns. "Fine, Ryker do you want to go look through movies in my room?" "Uhhh" he looks over at Charlie worried. "Sure" before closing the door to the room Max turns around and sends me a wink.

"So.." I start. "Everyone thinks your in love with me ya know." Charlie blurts interrupting me and crosses his arms. "What?" I ask stunned. "Maddox, Jackson, even my boyfriend... they all think your in love with me." He slurs. Hea definitely drunk. "So what if I am." I blurt, my cheeks instantly turning red. His eyes grow wide and he goes to open his mouth but nothing comes out. He goes to speak again but he starts to turn green. He runs to the bathroom and I hear him start to throw up. "Nicky, help" he calls out. I walk in to see him crying on the floor. "Please don't be mad at me for dating Ryker. I know you guys don't get along but he really likes me. He's the first boy to really like me. Please Nicky I need my best friend." My heart sinks and I feel a ping of jealously. If only he knew I loved him first. "I sit next to him on the ground rubbing his back. "I'll always be your best friend Char. Okay?" He nods and wipes his mouth. "I think we should go to bed." Ryker pops his head in the door. I nod looking over at Charlie. I let Ryker come pick him up. Max points at the couch and he lays him down. Charlie passes out instantly. "I'll sleep on the floor" he says looking around. "Sure" max answers as if it was a question. I look over to see him blushing. I brush it off thinking it's just from the alcohol.