You forgave me, why not him?

Nicks Pov:

I roll over in bed groaning. Charlie still hasn't talked to me. It's been weeks now. I open up Instagram and scroll. He posted a picture of Ryker and him at the rink a few days ago. I guess they finally made up. Why could he make up with Ryker but not me. I wonder closing out of Instagram. Max knocks on my door opening it slightly. "You can come in." I sigh. "Still not talking to you?" He sits next to me. I shake my head hesitant to admit it. "Me either." I look up confused. "Charlie hasn't talked to you?" "No, Ryker." "Oh" I nod my head. We sit there in silence for a few moments, taking in the situation we created.

"So are you going home for break?" He breaks the silence. "Uh yeah" I hesitate. Charlie was originally supposed to come home with me before Ryker stole him. He nods his head awkwardly. I can tell he's unsure what to say. I swear it was easier to talk before he spilled his guts to me. "I'm gonna stay here." "Cool" I force out. He sits there a moment longer and eventually gets up. I look at the time and realize practice is in a hour. I've been avoiding the rink. I don't really want to see them together.

Charlie's Pov:

I lay in bed scrolling through Instagram. I get bored and decide to check snap. Nick still hasn't texted me. I toss my phone aside and groan. I guess it is kinda my fault. I'm been brushing him off for weeks and I guess he gave up. My phone dings and I get up picking it up off the end of the bed.
M: are you coming to practice tonight?
It's max. I sit for a few seconds to think.
     C: yeah I guess
M: I think you should give him a break. You forgave me, why not him?
I toss my phone to the side again. He's right. Max and I are even kind of friends now.

Flashback: a week ago.

Charlie's Pov:
I type away on my computer trying to get this philosophy paper done. I finally find a flow when I hear a soft knock on my door. I groan getting up and opening it. Without looking I walk back to my computer and continue typing. "I don't have time for this." I mutter. "Uh I can come back." I look up and max is standing in my door way. "Oh uh. What are you doing here?" I minimize my screen and turn to face him. "I just wanted to talk to you." I nod my head and motion for him to come in. He shuts the door behind him and sits on my bed.

"It's all my fault." He blurts. I sit there stunned unsure what to say. "I was the one who told him we should fake date. He just looked so sad and he really loves you." He stops. "Uh forgot that part" he rubs his forehead. "What I'm trying to say is if your gonna be mad at anyone, be mad at me." I take in what he just said. I smile at the mention of Nick loving me. "Okay." I mutter. "Okay?" He laughs. "That's it, it's that easy?" "Well I never liked you to begin with." I shrug. "I can see what Ryker likes you." He giggles. "Why?" I tilt my head to the side curious. "Your just so... straight forward. He seems to like that." His smile falls. "Yeah. I heard you tired to push him away." I sigh. Ryker told me how he found out and he hasn't talked to Max since. He doesn't trust him anymore. "Yeah.. that was a low point. I tend to self sabotage." He runs his hand through his hair. Suddenly I see the humanity in him. "Yeah.. me too." I run my hand through my hair, not intentionally mimicking him. "I guess we are a lot a like." He mumbles. "Yeah I guess so." I mumble back.

Current day:
Nicks Pov:

I push the doors to the rink open and the cold air hits my face. I breathe in the smell of the Ice and I feel at peace. I make my way over to the locker room and try to quickly sneak in. "Ah look who decided to join us boys." Max smirks from across the room. "It's about time." Jackson throws his arm around me. "Charlie's in the stands" he whispers in my ear. My heart drops. I didn't think he'd come.

We practice our puck skills tonight. It feels great to be back on the ice. Ryker pretty much leaves me alone all practice. We aren't friends, but I don't hate him anymore. I guess we have kind of bonded over our love for Charlie.

I skate off the rink and stop to take off my gloves and helmet. "Hey" Charlie's voice startles me. "Char. I" I stop not knowing what to say. "Look what you did was really shitty but I talked to Max and he explained everything." "Wait you talked to Max?" I stop him mid sentence. "You hate Max." He chuckles and drags his hand down his arm. "I uh. We are sort of friends now." He blushes. "Wow." is all I can say. "I was trying to say. What you did was really shitty, but your my best friend and we aren't gonna let anything get in between us right?" "Right" I nod. I don't exactly know what's going on, but I'm not going to ask questions. He wraps his arms around me and my heart rate quickens. It's a good thing I have my cup on, I chuckle to myself. He pulls back, his cheeks are redder than normal. "I uh. Just come over when you done changing?" He coughs. I nod my head and he scurries away. Was Charlie, my best friend Charlie nervous around me?