Math class

Max's Pov:

I walk into my dorm hoping Ryker is still there. I look around but it's empty. I slouch onto the couch and pull out my phone.
     M: hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you away it's complicated.
R: I'm tired of complicated. Either you want to be my friend or you don't.

Ouch. Friend hurts but I brush it off.
     M: I can be your friend just give me another chance.
R: I'll think about it.

I shut my phone off and toss it somewhere around me. "He wasn't here?" Nick sighs. "No" I groan and turn so that my face is shoved in the couch cushions. "He'll get over it eventually. He shrugs. "Will Charlie?" I ask turning over. He shrugs again and slams his door. I've made a mess of so many things, I start to cry again. I hate myself for being so complicated.

Charlie's Pov:

My alarm goes off and I hit my phone angrily. In my attempts to shut it up, it falls off the bed and slides underneath. I groan forcing myself up. I pick my phone up, no missed calls from Nick. I know I told him to leave me alone, but I feel a lil disappointed. Ryker has called me a few times though. I throw on a sweatshirt and quickly brush my teeth before heading over to his dorm.

I stand outside his dorm nervously. I don't know why I feel nervous. I softly knock on the door half hoping he doesn't answer. A few moments later the door swings open and he wraps his arms around me. "I'm so sorry about last night." He squeezes tight. "Uh it's okay" I mumble, unsure what to say. What do you say to your boyfriend that punched your best friend in the face because he's in love with you.

He pulls back and gives me a soft kiss on the cheek. "Forgive me?" He pouts. His soft eyes melt me and I can't help but give in. "Okay" I swing my hand is his. He pulls me into the dorm kissing me. He moves me closer to the bed and Jackson wakes up and groans "get a room." "I have one". Ryker laughs and Jackson presses his pillow over his face. He gets up and leaves the room. We finish what we started before we have to get to class.

I walk in and see Nick sitting in the front row. He smiles at me as if nothing has happened. My heart skips a beat and I feel like I can't breathe. I shake my head and walk to the back of the class. I want to stay as far away from him as I can. I'm in love with Ryker and I'm mad at him anyway. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I may have small itty bitty feelings for him.

"Okay class today we are going to break into groups of two. Pick another student and come grab a worksheet. First team done gets to leave class early." I look around and people are already starting to pair up. I can see Nick walking this way. "Hey Luke! Can we be partners?" I shoot a quick glance at Nick. He follows my glance and nods his head. We move to a corner of the classroom and get to work.

After discussing a few problems Luke finally breaks the silence. "Are you gonna ignore him forever?" He whispers. I look over my shoulder at Nick. He's already looking at me but quickly looks away. "I don't know" I answer honestly. It's not the first time we aren't talking, hell it's not even the first time since we started college. We are normally okay.. but this time is different.

"You can't help who you love." Luke nudges me. "You can fight it all you want, but eventually it will consume you." I look up and meet his gaze. He's dead serious. I sigh and nod my head. I know he's right. But I don't love him.

We finish the worksheet first and turn it in. "Okay you boys can go." The professor nods his head. Luke and I walk towards the door. "Char wait." Nick rushes over. He grabs my hand stopping me. He quickly let's go as he realizes what he's done. His cheeks blush and I can't help but smile. My heart flutters as my eyes meet his. "Please Char." He pleads. I look over at Luke and he shrugs. I shake my head and brush past him. I can't deal with this right now.