One on one

Rykers Pov:

R: Hey, I got the clearance from the Dr. I want to come to practice tonight.
M: I can't just let you on the team man, I know you used to be good and all...
R:just give me a chance.
M: okay, come to practice but you better be as good as Jackson says.

I toss my phone on the bed. I don't really want to play anymore but Charlie is going to be at all of Nick's games and I just can't stand having to hear him cheering for him. I groan at the idea. I wonder what Nick and Charlie were talking about before Maddox and I came down. They seemed to be in a serious conversation.

C: hey baby, wanna hang out?
R:of course be right there!
I grab my jacket rushing out the door.

Maddox's Pov:

"What the hell was that?" I yell as Nick shuts the door. "I was gonna tell him everything." He sighs. "I don't want to lie to him Max, it doesn't feel right." My phone dings. It's Ryker. My heart skips a beat and I answer quickly, shoving the phone back in my pocket. "What was that?" He tilts his head to the side. "Nothing. Ryker got clearance." I change the subject. "No you definitely blushed." "Did not" "did too" "did not" my heart is pounding at this point. I don't know what happening. "You like him." He laughs. "I don't even know him and I'm straight." I cross my arms and slam my bedroom door. "Hey" Nick peaks in. "Okay your straight, but I'm not and I want Charlie." He sits on the bed next to me. "I don't think lying to him is a good idea." He runs his hands through his hair. I place my hand on his shoulder. "Just trust me on this okay?" I smile. "I already have a plan for practice tonight."

Charlie's Pov:

"Of course I'm going to your first practice back." I lay my head on Rykers shoulder as the elevator starts to go down. "I don't even know if I still have what it takes." He signs clearly upset. "You'll do great." I kiss his cheek and a grin appears. "See there's the grin I love" Rykers eyes grow wide and he pulls me in kissing me hard. I lean into the kiss. I feel complete bliss. This is all I've wanted since high school. The elevator door opens and I hear someone scoff and walk away. I look up and see Nick pushing the doors to the rink open. He must have seen me kissing Ryker. I don't get why he's so upset by it all the sudden. I shrug and push the doors open. Ryker places a kiss on my cheek. "You'll be cheering for me tonight right?" He blushes. "Of course." I smile and head over to the stands.

I see Nick skate out on the ice. He comes over to the glass and waves. I wave back and see Maddox come up behind him. He wraps his arms around his waist and waves at me. I give a little wave and go back to looking at my phone. I don't know why he has to be so all over him all the time.

Nicks Pov:

"Circle up!" Max yells. Everyone makes their way over to center ice. "We have a newbie joining us tonight. He thinks he has what it takes to play with the big boys." He winks at Ryker and blushes. There is definitely something going on with those two. I shake my head trying to focus. "We are gonna do a little one on one scrimmage." "Jackson and Rosie, your up." I watch Jackson roll his eyes at me. He hates playing against Rosie, he always get his ass beat. 10 minutes go by and she just skates circles around him. Jackson has only managed to score a few goals. Max blows his whistle and gives Rosie a high-five. "Not bad for a chick" he laughs. Rosie gives him a shove. "Impressed?" She tilts her head to the side smiling. "Very" he laughs back. "Good" she shoves her helmet into his chest. "Nick and Ryker your next." I glare at Max. What the fuck does he think he's doing. "I'll take it easy." I shrug at Ryker. "Don't even think about it Nelson" he huffs clearly annoyed. "Fine" and with that Max drops the puck and I take of skating. I shoot a goal within 30 seconds and Ryker is pissed. Max drops the puck and Ryker doesn't even hesitate. He takes off shaking towards the goal, I come up behind him cutting him off when he trying to shoot. I hit the puck out of the way and go skating towards it. "Fuck" he yells and takes off towards me. Without even thinking he checks me and I slam into the boards. I come up throwing my gloves and I swing hard hitting his ribs. "Fuck you" I mumble. He throws his gloves off and swings back just at hard hitting me straight in the jaw. It's a full on brawl and we take every chance we can to get a punch in. "Nick, Ryker what the fuck is wrong with you two!" Charlie is yelling from the other side of the rink. Ryker stops instantly. I slide down the boards blood gushing from my lip. "What did you do?" He glares at Ryker. "He hit me first!" He yells back. "Because you checked him!" His eyes turn red and tears began to fall. Jackson comes over and throws his arm around Ryker. "Come on. I think that's enough hockey for tonight." He limps off the ice and I feel bad. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." Charlie sticks his hand out. I grab it pulling myself up.

We walk into the locker room and I pull my skates and gear off. "Come" Charlie calls and I follow him towards the showers. He turns it on and sticks a paper towel into the water. He presses the towel against my lip and I flinch at the pain. "Are you okay?" He asks. We lock eyes and my heart races. Charlie is holding my hand and has his other pressed against my lip. All I can do is think about kissing him. "Yeah, I'm fine" I cough snapping out if it. "I don't know what happened with Ryker." "I do" I sigh. "I'll tell you about it later. Just let me shower for now okay?" He nods his head and drops my hand. He walks towards the door. "Are you sure your okay?" He whines. "Yeah I'm sure" I nod.