Chapter One ♡

Kyah Richardson * alarm goes off * "Already?!" I groaned as I heard the sound of my alarm going off on my phone

Kyah Richardson
* alarm goes off *
"Already?!" I groaned as I heard the sound of my alarm going off on my phone.

I rolled my eyes as I got out of bed to head towards the bathroom to start my day. Today was my "first last day" of highschool and I honestly couldn't believe it. These past few years have been rough since the passing of my mother back in 2017. Lord knows I miss her everyday and that I wish she could be here to witness her babygirl graduating high school.

In the middle of me doing my hygiene, my brother Kolby came bussing through the bathroom door.

" Da said he fixed us some breakfast before we head out for our first day of school." he said

Me and Kolby are twins, he's older by 3 minutes. Kolby is darkskin, 6ft in height, has pretty white teeth with waves. Kolby gets his looks from our dad and everyone tells me that I look just like my mommy.

"Okay" I said dryly and with a slight attitude.

I am not a morning person as you can tell. I dreaded the fact that we had to wake up at 8 o'clock in the morning throughout the week for the next nine months. I walked back to my bedroom and went straight into my closet to see what I was going to wear today. We live in Atlana so you know in August it's hot as fuck out here. I decided to put on a plain white crop top and some camouflage cargo pants, with my khaki Yeezy FoamRunners. My hair was already done into a 30" deep wave frontal wig, so all I had to do was wet it a little bit to give it that curly look. I added my K rhinestone necklace Kolby got me and sprayed on my favorite perfume from Victoria Secret and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good Morning Baby" my dad said as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Good Morning Da" I said taking a spoonful of grits off of my plate.

" I have a business trip that I have to take for the next three weeks. Y'all already know the drill. School, practice, and home. Money and protection is in the safe in my office if y'all need it. I love y'all " he said grabbing his bag and keys off the counter.

" Yes sir love you too." me and Kolby said in sequence and my dad left.

Yes, my dad is a drug dealer. He's actually the main man of it all. He has been in the game since he was me and Kolby's age. He goes on these business trips quite often so me and Kolby are used to basically doing everything for ourselves. Our dad taught us everything when we were little, from street mindset to shooting guns, we knew about it all. It didn't phase me or Kolby what our father was into because we all had our own things going. I plan on attending Spellman College next fall and majoring in Psychology and Kolby has football offers that he would soon have to chose from.

Me and Kolby finished eating our breakfast and we headed out of the door. Our dad bought us both cars for our 16th birthday, Kolby droved a white Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and I drove a white Mercedes Benz. As I put my car in reverse in head out the driveway, I got a text from my bestfriend Jaliyah.

BFF💗 : wya? please don't tell me you're almost to school because i need a ride.

Me : i just pulled out the driveway, im omw to get you.

As I headed towards Jaliyah's house, I listened to some Lil Durk:
Baby, when I smash you, put your back in it
Get that first nut, then I'm back in it
Can you go deep? You keep asking it
Don't take a whole Perc', she want half of it
Drug sex, drug sex, yeah, yeah
Rich sex, rich sex, yeah, yeah
I know you nasty
She be touchin' on her own body

"Hey bestie, seems like I ain't seen you in foreverrrr!!" Jaliyah said as she got in the car.

" Jaliyah I just seen you yesterday girl stop being so sarcastic." I laughed.

We pulled up to our school and everybody was hanging out listening to music in the parking lot. I parked my car and didn't even feel like getting out, knowing how these folks act at this school. Jaliyah and I got out the car and started walking towards the school entrance. You had your gangbangers rolling dice, the football team listening to music by Kolby's car and the ghetto females standing around trying to look cute for any dude that looked their way. Me and Jaliyah kept walking through the crowds of people trying to make it inside the school, when I mistakenly bumped into someone.

" Watch where the fuck- I'm sorry" he said.

It was Dru Brown, the quarterback of the Fairfields High football team. All the girls at my school drooled over this boy, and I just didn't see why. I mean don't get me wrong he was fine, darkskin, stood atleast 6"2 in height, a pretty smile, and dreads.

I gave Dru a slight smile, as I continued to walk into the school. I felt a hand grab my arm and when I turned around to see who it was, it was Dru again.

" Hey um I don't think we've met, I'm Dru. Aren't you Kolby's sister?" he asked.