Chapter Sixteen ♡

Jaliyah Thompson " Baby, I miss you so much

Jaliyah Thompson
" Baby, I miss you so much. I'm so lonely without you. I can't sleep at night, I'm barely eating. I keep praying for you to wake up, I need you to wake up please Ko" I said to Kolby who's been in a coma for 2 weeks.

I'm so depressed, I really miss Kolby. I need him to wake up! Today, was the day that I take my mom to rehab. I needed her to get better, especially after seeing her at the mall. I wanted her back to her normal self, not this drugged out woman I can't recognize.

" Ms. Thompson?" the doctor came in and said

" Yes, I'm Jaliyah Thompson. Kolby's girlfriend. Any updates on how he's been?"

" Yes ma'am, Mr. Richardson gave me permission to reveal his progress to you while he's away. It's still no way we can tell when Kolby will wake up. But the good news is there's brain activity. It's up to Kolby to wake up."

I looked over at Kolby and rubbed my hand against his face. Ugh, I can't wait until he wakes up. I gave him a kiss on the lips before leaving the hospital to take my mom to rehab. As I got in the car, I called her to let her know that I was on the way. I made reservations at this nice place downtown called Elegance Eats for us before I drop her off at the rehab facility. I called her twice but the phone when to voicemail.

" Hey Ma, it's me Jaliyah. I'm just calling to let you know that I'm on the way to get you. I made reservations at this nice restaurant so we can catch up and talk before you go get better at rehab. Love you, see you when I get there."

I hung up the phone and turn on Letter From Houston by Rod Wave.

I wrote this song for you, so you should pay attention
I was just staring at the ceiling and got in my feelings
Reminiscing about us fighting, fucking, and chilling
Right now, I'm riding through Memphis, passing through the city
I'm with my niggas, but I miss you, girl, don't get it twisted
And I cannot wait 'til I see you, hug you, and kiss you
Remember when I had first met you how I used to sweat you
I used to call your phone and text you and tell you you're special
Like girl, you're special, you the kinda girl that I need
I actually made you mine, sometimes, I can't believe
Wonder what your nigga was thinking when he let you leave
You try to leave, I might get down on my hands and knees
I'm still a G, please believe, but girl, you make me weak
You make me feel something I never felt, the reason I never left
A lot of hoes want your position, but they tripping
You been with me since the beginning and that's the way I'ma end it

I pulled up to the hotel and went straight towards the room where my mom has been staying. I really am grateful that Ky paid for her to stay here so she wouldn't be on the street anymore. I already had a key to the room so I slid the key in to open the door.

" Hey ma, I'm here." I yelled across the room.

I heard the shower running so I waited until she got out. While waiting I turned to the BET channel on the hotel tv and watched Moesha. I began to catch a bad feeling. I knocked on the bathroom door but no answer. I twisted and turned the knob but the door was locked. I turned the knob as hard as I could to pop the lock and open the door. The bathroom was so foggy that I couldn't see anything. Once the fog was released, I slid the shower curtain back to see my mom laying in the bathtub lifeless. I began to panicked, I slid my naked mother out of the shower and placed her on the bathroom floor. I turned off the shower and found needles and a dime bag sitting by the toilet. I immediately pulled my phone out to dial 911. My mother had no pulse, I sat beside her crying my eyes out just waiting on the paramedics to come and pronounce her dead. I heard a knock at the door. I dragged myself to the door crying as I let the paramedics in the hotel room. I told them where she was laying and what the probable cause of her death was. I watched as they carried my mother out of the hotel room in a black body bag. She was gone. I just wanted to help her get better but she died before I could do anything. I dragged myself to my car and broke down crying. First Kolby, now my mom.. what else is gonna happen to hurt me more? I'm alone. Kyah has Dru and their baby. Kolby's in the hospital and the doctors don't even know when he will wake up. I can't do this anymore, I want the pain and suffering to go away. I sat in my car praying and crying for about an hour before I headed to the house to cry and be alone. Once I got to the house everyone was in the living room playing Uno.

" Hey J, you wanna play Uno with us?" Ky asked me

I ignored her and walked up the steps to go to my room and be alone. I didn't want to deal with anyone right now. I wanted to be alone, like I always am. I laid in my bed with the covers over my head crying not knowing what to do with my life. My only family, my mom was dead. She was so addicted to cocaine that she couldn't wait for me to come get her to take her to rehab. I have no family now. "My mom is gone" I kept telling myself in my head, I couldn't believe it. She won't be here to see me graduate, go off to college, see me graduate college, be at my wedding, or see her grandchildren. This hurts, I just want to feel loved. I'm tired of being alone. I need Kolby.

Kyah Richardson
I knocked on the door and entered the room. It was dark and I could hear Jaliyah crying under the covers. I turned the light on and crawled into bed to see what was wrong.

" Kyah, I want to be alone" she said sniffling

" I'm not leaving you in here by yourself Jaliyah. You're crying what's wrong?"

She took the covers off her head and looked me in the eyes. Her eyes were swolled, I never seen her this way. She sat up in bed and wiped her face before she told me what was wrong.

" My mom died.." she said slowly

" WHAT? OMG J HOW?"

" Overdose. My only family is gone. I'm all alone. The doctor said there's no telling when Kolby will wake up. I need him Ky. I can't do this alone. He always know how to cheer me up and talk to me when something is wrong."

" Jaliyah you have me. You can always talk to me. I'll always be here for you. I love you so much girl. I'll do anything for you and you know that. We're going to get through this okay?"

Jaliyah hugged me and she cried in my arms. I held her and rubbed her back until she stopped crying.

" You want pizza? Drea says she wants pizza" I said laughing

Jaliyah giggled and nodded her head. I texted Dru and told her what was going on and he ordered the food for us. I decided to sleep with Jaliyah tonight, I didn't want her to be alone tonight. Once the food came, we ate and watched Bad Girls Club all night until we both fell asleep.