Chapter Twenty ♡

Dru Brown
It's been two days and I miss Kyah like crazy. She hasn't returned my calls or texts. I really fucked up bruh. How could I be so stupid? I was back living with my mom and this shit was not it. I miss Ky and my other family. I invited some of my homeboys over to play 2k and smoke. I haven't talked to Kolby since me and Kyah broke up, so I know I fucked up my relationship with my brother as well. We were all smoking and jocing on the game when my homeboy Ahmad showed me something I thought I'd never see. It was a Instagram boomerang of Kyah at Planned Parenthood. I instantly called her phone, no answer. Called again, no answer. Called Jaliyah, no answer. But when I called Kolby he answered.

" Aye Ko, yo sister at the clinc tryna abort the baby!!" I said nerves bad and all

" WHERE AT? ME AND JALIYAH OTW THERE SEND THO LO WHERE SHE AT!!"

I sent him the location of the clinc and ran to my car to get there as soon as I could before Kyah make a decision she'll regret in the future. I mean yes, I cheated and deserve my punishment of us not being together. But my child tho? I can understand if I was one of them niggas who didn't give a fuck at all, but I love my baby boy with all my heart. I was flying on the interstate heading towards the clinc. Once I got there I seen Kolby's car and parked beside him. We got out of our cars and ran inside of the clinc.

" How can we help you today?" the clerk asked

" My girlfriend well ex-girlfriend, she's scheduled for an abortion today Kyah Richardson. I'm the baby's father and I don't want Kyah to do this. I need to know if they've started?!"

" I'm sorry but it's Kyah's decision as the mother to determine whether or not she wants to continuing carrying the child until full term . I also cannot provide that information. Patient Confidentially."

" FUCK!" I yelled pounding my fists on the counter.

" Dru chill out because you're the reason why all of this going on! Yeah Kyah told us, you fucking cheater! " Jaliyah said to me

I was about to say something back but I looked at Kolby. He had no fear in his eyes, and I knew he wanted to punch the fuck out of me. I walked towards the waiting room area and sat in a chair to wait on Kyah after the procedure. I started praying to God hoping that she wouldn't go through with, praying that we she comes out she's still pregnant with my JR.

Kyah Richardson
" Okay Ms. Richardson so we're going to put you under anesthesia now. Any questions or concerns?" the doctor said to me

I simply nodded my head and started to stare at the ceiling. The doctor was getting some last minute tools together and I sat there thinking about how much of a bad person I was. I was about to kill my first child, someone who is special to me. I would be taking him from everyone. But I want to go to Spellman so badly. I wanted to graduate and living life. The anesthesiologist came in and it was time to go under. She set everything up and grabbed the face mask. She was putting on the mask, when I got a gut feeling.

" STOP" I said

Everyone in the room stared at me awkwardly.

" I can't do this. I don't want to go through with this. I want to keep my baby." I confessed

The doctor and nurses nodded there heads and started taking the IVs and cords off of me. I changed back into my clothes and grabbed my things and walked out of the clinc room. I went to the desk and signed some discharge papers before leaving. As soon as I turned around to walk out the door when I seen Kolby, Jaliyah, and Dru. I simply ignored them and continued to walk out of the door. They chased after me screaming my name all throughout the parking lot. Once I got to my car, I unlocked the door and got in. While I was putting my seatbelt on, Dru came to the car pulling on the doors and beating on the window. I rolled down the window to see what he wanted.

" Ky what the fuck. What's your problem?"

" YOU. you are my problem Druzel! I can't believe you would cheat on me with your ex. I'm pregnant with your child and you had the audacity to cheat on me! I believed that our son would be better off than to come into the world with a broken home. I don't want that for my kids, and that is why I am here. I got accepted into Spellman, my dream college. Why should I spend my pregnancy alone when I can just be free and focus on that?"

I flashed. At this point Kolby, Jaliyah, and Dru stood outside of the car with their mouths open. They were shocked. I never acted out or yelled in front of anyone.

" And I didn't abort the baby. You're welcome." I said as I put the car in drive and pulled out of the parking lot.

I was fed up with everything and everybody. I didn't want to be bothered. I wanted to be alone. I felt like no one understood me or cared. I felt unloved foreal. I sped down the road with Layton Green - Myself played on my car radio.

I remember feeling like I wasn't good enough
Had me questioning myself
I wasn't sure enough
Had me looking in the mirror
Tryna analyze my figure
I ain't perfect
You want perfect
So that figures
You always put me in a bad place (Oh, oh)
Said we were moving at a fast pace
It was all my fault
I fell in love too hard
I loved you when I didn't love myself (Yeah, yeah)
Said you loved me, but you only loved yourself
You rocked me so hard
You played all your cards right
You played with my heart
(I might) I might not be the same way

I cried all the way home to that song on repeat. Once I got home I went inside and showered. After I showered, I simple put my clothes on and got in the bed. As I was laying down I felt my son kicking. This brought warmth in my heart. I was grateful that I came to my senses and didn't abort my baby. I knew if I went through with it, I would regret it and everyone would hate me for it. I'm going to Spellman and I'm raising my baby! I'm choosing both. I began to get sleepy so I laid on my side and rubbed my belly until I drifted off to sleep.