Chapter 6

[Madelyn]

Something is suddenly placed on my shoulders and on my back. Something warm and big. I look up from the ground and see Lucian putting his coat over my shoulders. I look at his concentrated face and can't help but smile.

"Thank you-"

"I was not talking about your hoodie." He interrupts me and I look at him dumbfounded. What? He sees my expression and continues, to elaborate. "When I asked you what happened. I was talking about your eyes, not your shirt." His hand travel from my shoulders to my face. He is holding my face with both hands gently, lifting it up, forcing me to look at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I smile and my eyes shifts from one of his eyes to the other a few times before settling on his left eye. He looks frustrated. His left eye does but when I look at his right eye- it's almost impossible to read. It's like he is trying to hold in his emotions but his left eye isn't cooperating. I smile.

"Do not lie to me. Was it Nickolas?" He is looking intensely into my eyes and now both of his eyes look the same. Intense and concerned.

"No." I pull my face away from his hands even though they were warming my whole body up. The loss of contact makes me shiver but I cover it up with a shrug. "I don't know what's wrong with my eyes. Antonio said you were on your way to see me is that correct?" I change the subject and thread my arms through the sleeves of his coat. It's way too big for me but it's warm and comfortable. I'm not complaining.

"Yes, Antonio was telling the truth. I wanted to see you." The last sentence makes my cheat heat up. And I'm thankful that he changed the subject. I give him an appreciative smile and he nods. A small nod.

"Why did you want to see me?" I hold my breath while waiting for his answer. He smiles and shakes his head.

"That is not how things work, love." He presses his lips together up prevent a smile. To think that I have known him for more than ten years.

"How does it work then? Love." I mock him and his deep voice. He just looks at me and shakes his head again with a smile. I want to take a picture of this in my head and save it forever. In my memories.

"Do you want me to walk you home so you can change?" I like the sound of that. Walking home with the comfort of knowing that he's with me. I want to nod but my head drifts away to Nicolas. What if he's home waiting for me and then sees me with Lucian. His boss. My face expression changes abruptly and he notices. I stare in front of me, at his chest and then shake my head. No I don't.

"No." Is all I say and he nods.

"Okay, then we will have to go to my house because you cannot go around like that." He looks at my face. I know he's probably embarrassed right know. He looks like a literal god and I look like the old piece gum he is too proud to have under his shoe.
I throw my now empty cup of coffee in a trashcan and follow him. "My car is right there." He points towards a black, shiny Range Rover parked next to the limo Antonio was pointing at. Or maybe I saw wrong. He unlocks the car and opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I smile and he nods. He then goes to the other side and starts the car. The engine starts and we're on the road a few minutes after.

I'm both excited and nervous. Excited because this is the first time I'll actually get to see where he lives and how. Nervous because what if this is all an act. To maybe kidnap me or sell me. I don't know what to think. But Lucian is like Antonio. Both their presences are calming.

"What are you thinking about, love?" I'm startled by his question and turn my face to find him already looking at me. I shrug and hug his coat tighter to my body.

"I don't know." I say and look away. There is a long pause. He's probably waiting for me to continue but I have nothing to say. He soon realizes and puts on the radio. It's some old Ed sheeran song. He is the type of person that doesn't push you. I like that about him.

"Is Nickolas home?" Lucian asks with a calm voice. I shrug and realize he can't look.

"I don't know. I don't think he is." I hope he isn't. I cross my legs and hold the coat even tighter to my body.

"Are you cold?" Lucian takes his hand and places in over my hand that is in my lap. Heat spreads through my body and I inhale. I'm not cold anymore-

"Nope." My voice comes out high pitched and I see him smile through the corner of my eye. I wait for him to remove his hand but he doesn't. He keeps it there the whole ride. And I don't mind. Not even slightly.

♡︎ ︎

"Make yourself at home. I will go and get you something warm." Lucian says and begins walking towards a room in the big apartment. And this is what I know so far. He owns this penthouse. The whole building. It's his office, his job's building and his home. It's a really nice building. Big and tall, with numerous levels. I think maybe forty. And it's open and smells nice.

I take a seat on his white couch and wait for him to come back. I feel a little bit guilty for coming here without telling Nick. He is my husband after all. Maybe I should text him. Maybe he's the one who should text. He's the one who cheated- or maybe he didn't. Ugh! This is so frustrating. I massage my temples and groan.

"Here. I will give you some privacy while you change." Lucian says, walking behind me holding a black hoodie. I take it from him and offer a smile before watching him leave the living room.
I take off my hoodie and everything under it before putting on his hoodie. I let his hoodie consume my small frame and smell it. It smells like him. Just like him. I smile.

"I'm done!" I shout and begin folding my clothes. I put them on the couch and wait for him to come back. The silence is so loud it's almost scary. Where did he go? I hear footsteps closing in on me from behind and quickly turn around.

My breathing hitches. His face is so close to mine right now. I can smell the hot chocolate smell. Hot chocolate? I look down at the two cup's he's holding. They're filled with brown hot chocolate and marshmallows. I smile and bite my lip.

"I hope you like hot chocolate." He smiles and motions for me to sit down on the couch. I move to help him with a cup but he shakes his head. "It is okay, I can have it." I nod and move to sit down on the comfortable couch. The cushion sinks beneath me when I sit down and I smile an appreciative smile when Lucian hands me hot cup before sitting down himself, next to me. I turn myself so that my body is facing him.

"It looks delicious. Thank you." I smile and his eyes soften. I look around in. It's a spacious living room, cozy but modern with its gray walls and dim lights. I bring the cup to my lips and don't bother blowing before taking a sip.

"Be careful it is ho-" My eyes widen at the boiling sensation in my mouth. It burns. It really fucking burns. Lucian quickly grabs the cup from my hand and places in on the small table in front of us along with his cup. Tears start to form in my eyes. Not willingly. "Spit it out!" He encourages me but I manage to shake my head. I won't spit on his furniture. I want to swallow it but my throat is closing up. I watch him as he watches me with wide eyes. "Cazzo-"
[Fuck]

He grabs my face in his hands and I catch one last glimpse of his eyes before he presses his mouth to mine. My eyes widen as my lips automatically part. The hot liquid is suddenly not the thing I feel the most. He is sucking the hot chocolate out of my mouth and into his. My eyes watch his closed ones never leaving them. My stomach clenches with guilt but then the butterflies break free. The guilt is replaced with pleasure and hope. I don't dare to close my eyes. I don't want to miss anything. I want to savor every second of this moment.

Woah...Okay- I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much. But I'm soooo busy with school and I just had my first exam... I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting and I'll try to write more often!!!
THANKS to all of you for reading my story. For making it this far. I hope you all are having a great day! <3