THIRTEEN

//MAY 27TH 2021//

//MAY 27TH 2021//

"You're literally kidding." Brooke's voice pulls me out of conversation with Bennett, and causes me to look up ahead of us.

As the ten of us emerge into the clearing where we were told our next game would be held, my jaw drops. All of us stop in our tracks, shocked at the scene before us and unable to move. In front of us sit five large contraptions with what look like... harnesses hanging from them? Underneath each of them lay a thick mattress. And of course, next to the contraptions stands Darcy with her signature overly excited smile.

"Well don't be shy, come on over you guys!" Darcy addresses us all, waving us over to come stand closer to her.

Slowly, we all move to stand by the large devices while still eyeing them.

"Darce..." Zayn becomes the first to speak. "What are we doing?" He finishes his question to her, holding onto a sort of scared smile on his face.

"Oh sweet sweet Zayn, I'm so glad you asked." For a moment her smile changes from excited to mischievous, but as quickly as it came, it's gone again. "Today, we've set up a little game we like to call 'Hang On Hayfever.' As most of our games are, you'll all be assigned a partner. Guys, you will be hooked into a harness, raised ten feet above the ground. Ladies, you will be holding onto your guy– however you can, for as long as you can. The last couple still holding on wins the game, and will be safe from elimination at this week's Sun Ceremony."

I don't think the ten of us have ever been this quiet. I think we're all in shock. I mean... hanging from our partner? Ten feet above the ground? I'm just glad I don't have a fear of heights. Sure it's not that high up off the ground, but ten feet is still a lot for someone with a fear of heights. And by the looks of it, Phillipa might just have that phobia. She's the only one still stuck staring at the contraption as Darcy continues.

"The couples will be; Brooke and Oliver, Melina and Harry, Phillipa and Zayn, Chandler and Bennett, and Meagan and Chad." A smile graces my face as Darcy announces the couples. I would've bet that Bennett and I would be coupled up, but it still makes me smile.

As I move to Bennett, he lifts his hands up and I give him a double high five. He holds my hands bringing them back down, and using his hold to turn me around so my back is up against his chest. Immediately, his hands link together in front of me as his arms rest around my shoulders, my hands moving up to hold onto his forearms.

While Darcy finishes up explaining the rules and how the rest of the game works and all that, I begin to hear a conversation behind me that catches my attention.

"Hey you've got this. I promise it'll all be okay." I hear Zayn talking in a hushed tone, clearly not trying to draw too much attention to them.

"I don't know Z, I already feel like I can't breathe and we haven't even done anything yet." Phillipa rushes out, talking a mile a minute. I can hear her breathing start to pick up, I just wish there was something I could do to help her.