SIXTEEN

hi hi sorry in advance that this is so short i just wanted to give you guys something so it's short but i love you and i hope you still enjoy <3

//JUNE 11TH 2021//

Do you ever make those dumb little wishes?

Or I guess instead I should ask– do you believe in the supposed magic behind them?

Birthday cakes, wishing wells, fallen eyelashes, shooting stars?

Personally, I know they're dumb. I know there's probably no real magic in them, no real truth to them. And yet, I always find myself clinging to the possibility that maybe, just maybe, they really are magic.

I think it has to do with the fact that my mom loved making her silly little wishes. She always told me it was important we took advantage of the magic. "It's not every day we have some higher power begging to let them help us," she'd say. "They just want to feel needed like the rest of us do," and I mean, how could you argue with that.

So, we made our silly little wishes every chance we got, going out of our way to make sure every opportunity was used up. Never asking for anything too extravagant, no materialistic things, only the little things. That is– until the little things became one big thing.

Between the mama and I, it only got worse when she was diagnosed. All of our stupid little wishes turned into the same big ask. I wish the cancer would be cured.

Weeks of wishes turned into months of wishes which turned into years of wishing. And all that wishing still got us nowhere.

So don't ask me why– after all our failed attempts to harness the magic, and save her– am I sitting on the beach, half eaten clementine in hand, as I look up at the stars and hope to find one shooting itself across the quiet scene above me.

What am I planning on wishing for?

Good question. I don't even think I know.

I just know I'm needing a bit of clarity right now.

It's crazy how fast time flies around here. It's been about a week and a half since Bennett and I had the one on one that I planned. Since then– Meg and Chad were sent home, leaving Oliver and Brooke, Zayn and Phillipa, and Bennett and I. The two of us have been on two more simple dates since then, and the six of us went on a big group date at the beginning of the week. That was really nice, it felt like old friends hanging out and falling in love together, definitely something we all needed.

That leads us to right now. The last weekend of the show.

Tomorrow, following our final date, Bennett has the chance to either propose, or to end the relationship right then and there, before we return home.

Throughout this last week, he has failed to hint at either ending. I can't seem to figure out for sure what he's planning.

I'm not really one for surprises... I guess I've just not had very many good ones in the past, so I try to steer clear of them for the most part. Meaning, I've been thinking out every scenario and what I would respond with or react to for each one.