Chapter 1-- Swear I'm in hell

"Alyssa, look at how Shay is staring at you", my best friend Peyton Greaves stage whispered.

I glared at her, my hazel eyes unblinking, "So?", I asked, my voice like dry knife on leather.

"I mean that the brother is checking you out babe."

"Peyton Marie Greaves", I said, my tone of voice icy and frigid.

She blinked and looked at me, her light brown eyes slightly tinged with fear.

"Yes", she stammered.

"You forgot one thing", I said softly.

"What is it?", she asked.

"Shay is my sister's boyfriend. So he can't check me out ok?"

She sighed, "oh yes, I remember".

Peyton is my best friend from preschool. She is African American with long, black straightened hair and light brown eyes. Peyton was a reliable friend to have, but sometimes she can be so annoying. Still, she is my friend.

"Let's go", I said shortly.

"Ok", she replied happily.

I groaned inwardly. I just wanted to get out the school yard as fast as I could. But of course that didn't happened, because my eldest sister had to stop me.

The thing with my eldest sister is that she looks just like me. She had thick, shiny, long, black East Indian hair was twisted in a bun and her small cinnamon face had no make up.

The difference between me and Khioné is that she is nice and I'm sort of evil. I'm Khioné's darker side.

"Hey Peyton, hey Aly", Khioné said, her soft lilting voice catching a bit and that caught my attention. Usually, when Khioné and I are talking, my brain usually go to the land of Hades. Oh yeah, if you didn't know, Hades and I are competing to see who will be crowned as the most evilest person. He thinks that he is going to win but he got another one coming.

"What's up Kay", I said. Khioné is only a year older than I am. She is just nineteen but I'm one year behind her in college.

Khioné wiped a tear, then looked at me,"It's nothing really Aly", she said.

Peyton feigned interest in her phone.

"Khione stop lying", I said harshly. "What is the matter?".

"Mummy is going to kill me, daddy is going to buy me a casket as soon as I tell him", she whispered. Tears began to creep down her flawless face.

"Khioné", I said a bit loudly.

"I'm so sorry sis, really I am. I messed up. I messed up pretty bad", she continued.

I stepped closer to her, shifting the weight of my black jansport bagpack on my shoulder.

"Khioné, you are killing me. What is the matter?", I said impatiently.

"Aly, I went to the doctor yesterday and I found out that I was pregnant", she said calmly.

A switch went on in my devious head but I quickly switched it off. It was if I wanted Khioné to tell me that she was kidding, that it was a joke because believe it or not, I actually look up to my sister. She is my role model in a sense.

Khioné is a cheerleader and a whiz at Math and Chemistry. She always volunteers at the homeless shelter and she always try to help the poor. Recently, she volunteered to teach some reformed gang members to read. So you can see why it was hard to see her pregnant.

"You sure bout this Khioné", I croaked.

"Yes", she said, head on my shoulder. Peyton was standing near the jacaranda tree that had five dwarfed hibiscus around it. She could not heat what we were saying. I wondered why Khioné didn't just go home but remembered that she had drama practice every Wednesday evening.

"Khioné", I said firmly, "you are nineteen years old and you are not the first teen to get pregnant. All mummy and daddy have to do now is accept it and move on".

Khioné sniffled then looked my straight in the eyes, "Yes, it is true that I am old enough Kay. I am not the first girl to get pregnant and I won't be the last. However, I am the first to get pregnant for a rival gang member".

Hey guys, I'm kind of new here. This is my first official story and I would like if you would Vote, comment and share my story. Thank you very much. Also I am updating once a week...

Moesha