Chapter 6- We need a plan

I was in my gang meeting talking to the gang members. There were only six of us this time. Melissa, Shay, Cody, Rayshon, Kelly and me. This time we were discussing the latest fuck up of all. It's unbelievable that Shay had to go and do that.

I know that he is young and inexperienced but a guy dont just go and get a rival gang member's daughter pregnant.

I mean come on dude, this is just fucked up and I know that Blaze will come after us before we can fully execute our plan.

"Shay", I said calmly, "you know you just fucked up our plans. You ever heard about using a rubber?"

Shay looked up and stared me in the eyes, "Yes, I know about.."

But we were interrupted by the door opening.

Who is that, I thought, but my question was answered when I saw the tats.

Damn, just the last person I wanted to see right now. Fucking Blaze.

He was not alone. He was accompanied by his wife and daughter. I looked at her and she looked at Shay with longing. You can see the love that was passing through them.

"Ice", Blaze said shortly, stepping through the doorway.

"Blaze", I said icily.

"You prolly heard", he said softly and dangerously.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, that is what I was discussing with him", I replied, my voice matching his.

"Is this a fucking set up?", Blaze said, his eyes blazing.

Chill dude.

"I wasn't aware of this", I said.

"Come on tell them to leave", A voice beside me said and I realized that it was Melissa. If she knew how mad at her I was she better shut the hell up.

"Look, Blaze, I know nothing about this screw up. Ask Shay. He is a big man."

Blaze eyes blazed even more. If they were fire, I was sure that the entire building would have been aflamed by now.

Suddenly I heard a noise. I spun around then turned back around to face Blaze.

"The fuck is your problem? Who you got out there?", I snarled.

"I ain got nobody out there." Blaze said stepping up to meet me, eyes leveling to meet mine.

"You are..", but I was cut off by gunshots. I glared at Blaze.

"Fucking duck", Cody shouted. I did and a bullet flew about an inch where my head was.

Fuck, I swore as I crept towards the door. I poked my head outside and had to pull it back in immediately. Damn, from what I could assess in that short time, there were five of them.

I stole a look at the daughter and I thought that she would have been scared. But instead she wore a look that spoke of grim determination.

I heard a cry from the outside and realized that one went down. I knew that no gang leader wanted to risk any life and that the brief shoot out would be over soon.

Finally, I exhaled and went outside. I was accustomed to these things already. I knew this was far from finished.

I saw that no one was on the ground. But it was a normal thing. A rival gang never left any members on the ground. They carry them back to base.

I stormed back inside and realized that Cody was the one who fired the fateful shot. I looked at Blaze who was far from bemused.

"Can't you hold off your men for an hour? What kind of gang are you running?."

I was angry, "My men?. MY FUCKING MEN. You know that its your men, that's why you bitching. It was a plan".

"A plan? Way the hell? A plan? I know nothing about this.", Blaze snarled.

We stared at each other for more than a minute.

"Look Shad, let's go", his wife said. "We have nothing more here to do".