Epilogue

A year later

"Oh mummy, come on. I'm nineteen years old. And even so, I don't want to be in the gang", i was telling mummy.

After the fight a year ago, they were trying to persuade me to join, but I just didn't feel up to it. This back stabbing thing wasn't working at all.

Peyton became reunited with her sister, but unfortunately for us, Lyla escaped. However, we have not heard from her ever since. She, however, looked like an empty shell of what what she had been.

That binding spell really did her no good.

"Lyssa, hold her. Imma be right back. I'm going out", Khioné said. Khioné had matured into a beautiful young lady. She had cut her hair and dyed it in streaks of red, ranging from dark red to light red.

I held the baby, now five months old. She was a beauty. She resembles Khioné but maybe she will have Shayne's features. She finally told us Shay's real name.

Shayoné Ruby Angel Simone.

I held her while she cooed, and caught Xahir staring at me.

"Why you looking at me?", I teased.

"Cuz I could", he replied.

Both Xahir and daddy still had their gangs, however, they were no longer rivals. Instead, they were friends. Since daddy found out that I had sacrificed my wings for Xahir, they became an alliance.

The Elders went back to their respective countries, but not before reassuring me that I did a good deed, and I might get back my wings. I thanked Seraphina for saving me. She was just kind.

"We are safe now, right?", Kayel asked, now eleven.

"Yes", I replied reassuringly.

My relationship with Xahir had not evolved beyond good friends. I couldn't complicate our friendship with romance. Also, he was still my history lecturer.

Maybe in the near future, we might be together.

But right now, i got him friend zoned. :)

***

"Ohhh, they are living their happily ever after life. But it is far from over". -->Lyla

Heyy loves. Yasssss. I'm finished now. I hope you enjoyed the story. This is my first attempt at story writing. So thank you for everything. I love you.
Moesha