Chapter 4- Damn girl you trippin'? History

Class has just begun and as usual, the bitch behind me just keeps on yapping and yapping. My girl just lucky I feel like being good or she would have immediately shut her trap. The door swang open instantly, and in came Mr. Prince. He was dressed to kill. Since today was casual Fridays for all lectures, Mr. Prince was wearing a tight black skinny jeans, a tee shirt and Nike supras.

"Good afternoon class", he said, placing his black briefcase on the desk.

"Good afternoon sir", the class, except me and Peyton who was on her phone said in unison. Peyton looked exceptional today as usual. She wore a white Cami, a tight tight damaged skinny jeans and Nike blazers.

I on the other hand was wearing my trade mark black. Black skinny jeans accuented with a diamond studded chain. A black vest and black Jordan's.

"Ok class. Today we will be diverging from our usual European history to the Caribbean History. Now, in order for one to understand History holistically, one would have to look at the Caribbean. Now can anyone name me three islands that are of great significance to Caribbean History?" He looked around the class and pointed at Peyton who was still engrossed in her phone.

"Miss Greaves?"

Peyton, visibly startled, stared at me and I whispered the question to her.

"Sir, Jamaica and Cuba. I dont know the others", she said cringing.

He shook his head and said, "it is a brave attempt Miss Greaves. I know you know your history well but Peyton please come off your phone ."

*****************************
Her eyes were so pretty that I had to do a double take. Those pretty hazel eyes. Getting the former lecture out was easy, since I'm very persuasive..

The first time I set my eyes on Alyssa Callaway, I began to question my plan. She was really pretty, but it doesn't seem as if she knows it. Although she was dressed in pure black, the black just emphasized her long black shiny hair.

I decided to question her. I already questioned two other persons and Melissa, my spy. I told her to try and make friends with Alyssa, but she is just useless.

I have to try myself.

"Miss Callaway, name me two indigenous people, Two groups I should say", I said a bit harshly.

Alyssa stared at me long and hard. The pretty innocent smile that was there, was replaced by a scowl and her eyes darkening. I cringed inwardly. Does she knows who I am? No. She doesn't. She is too young. And I smiled my victory smile.

****************************

"Miss Callaway, do answer my question", Mr Prince said abruptly.

I stared at him and murmured "I dont know".

"You dont know?", he asked disbelievingly.

I was now worked up and I looked him straight in the eye. "I said I dont know. Smh".

Mr. Prince scanned the room and his eyes landed on Margaret Peggers. Of course Margaret is going to know.

"Marge, can you answer Miss Callaway's question?"

"Yes sir. The Mayans and the Incas." She sat down unperturbed.

"Why didn't you know the answer?"

"Sir, I dont understand History, I dont care about it and I dont want to know about it", i said briskly.

"Every Monday and Friday evening at four, meet me in the conference room in the library", he said.

I began to protest. "Excuse me sir, but unlike you maybe, I have a life", I said rudely.

"I have a life also Miss Callaway but I want to see you every Friday in the conference room".

I groaned inwardly, "Yes, but I'm making your life a living hell. Trust me".

"Miss Callaway, failure to show up will result in you going to the director. And you dont want to see that ugly red ink on your transcript".

I stared back defiantly and slumped in my seat. I hated that just because of one stupid question, I was going to get tutored. Ugh!!

"Congrats girl, you can now spend the day with Mr. Hottie", Peyton whispered excitedly.

"Whatever", I growled.

"Oh and Miss Callaway", he looked at me pensively, "do show up. Remember, I always get what I want".

Outside my eyes blazed, but inside my heart suddenly skipped two beats.