Chapter 10--Surprise Surprise

The pain altogether was something I've never felt in all of my eighteen years on this earth. It felt as if someone was dragging a searing knife through my flesh. It was unbearable. I don't even know where I am, but I could remember what happened.

After Shay had left me, I had turned another corner, and I realized that something or someone was watching me, except this someone seemed so inhumane. There were a couple of guys playing dominoes and due to my senses being heightened- I don't know why- I realized that they were wondering why I was around here.

My breath kicked up a notch and I tried to quickened my pace as I was ten minutes away from the exit onto the safer streets.

Suddenly, I turned another bend which was kind of strange, because there wasn't anyone here. Well, that's what I thought. That's when I felt the piercing below my chest. I looked up, my mouth rounded in an O and stared at the person who shot me and realized for some weird reason, this was no one in the gang war. This was someone on a different level altogether.

I fainted.

I did not want to wake up. I could not afford to wake up. This pain was turtorous and I went searching.

"Curiosity killed the cat".

There is that line again. This time, I followed the voice, the sweet melodic voice and as I turned a corner, I went into the most beautiful room there is.

The room was almost the size of a two bedroom apartment and it sported burgandy colored drapes. There were potted flowers around the room and although it was highly decorated, it had this old fashioned aura about it. For instance, there were candles placed at different parts of the room.

In the center, there were three steps going up to this large impressive throne like chair and seated in it was the most beautiful, exquisite person I have ever seen.