Chapter 2- That girl tho

"Come on Xahir, we got to get to this nigga. Its because of him why Decklan and Ray died", Kevon was saying in a loud voice, almost shouting.

Xahir turned to face him, his light brown eyes boring holes through Kevon's dark ones.

"I know Kev, I know. But how?", he said calmly, his tenor voice soft, smooth and dangerous.

The ten guys and four girls that were gathered in the small bar that was deserted calmed down immediately.

"We could go after him", Kelly, one of the girls suggested.

"Yes Kelly, we could. But he would be expecting us. We have to be discreet", Shorn said.

Xahir looked at the youth no more than twenty and shook his head in agreement.

There were only fifteen including Xahir gathered here, but there was about seventy five in the gang. The ones who were gathered here were the main gang members.

"What do you suggest Shorn?", Xahir said.

"Hey Ice, Did you get the teaching position at the college?", a baritone voice piped up playfully. Xahir looked around and his eyes landed on his best friend Cody.

Cody smiled and his handsome face lit up, the smile illuminating his dark brown eyes.

"Oh yes I did", Xahir replied.

Everyone in the room began to clap. Finally after a minute the applause died down.

"She attends the same college you're gonna teach Ice", Shorn said calmly.

It suddenly dawned on Xahir's face what Shorn was talking about and he smiled. That smile that is so sly, so dangerous, so captivating.

He knew just how he was getting to Blaze.

**********

In another setting.. About an hour away from Xahir.

"They are not going to believe that it was not us", Blaze was telling the twenty something of them that gathered in the secret house ten minutes walk from his house.

"Its true", Q continued, "Its because we are rivaling why they gone stunt on us".

"It's Fling's gang. I saw them", Shorty said popping her chewing gum and flipping her long weave.

"I know. Whether we like it or not, something big is about to take place whether we like it or not", Blaze said.

"But it wasn't us", Dean whined.

"Look as Q said it is because we rivals. They gon bitch", Blaze said with an heir of finality.

"So what we gon do boss?, Dean said.

Blaze shrugged,"Certainly not sit around".

The small gathering began to talk among themselves. But Blaze just stared forward, his Carib-Indian hair forced in one.

"Something is up. I just feel it. They planned something. I know it is so". Blaze said.

"What is Blaze?", Shorty asked.

"I'll tell you. I'm sure of that".