Chapter 9- I have a crush on you

I was astonished when I found out that I was part of a mystery that I knew absolutely nothing about. It was so weird to know that I was the only one who possesses this great phenomenon in this country, on this continent. Make it even worse, the youngest.

I had magic.

As strange as it sounds, I felt unique. All this I was thinking while I was taking my Sunday stroll. I usually take the route that my father told me to take, because it was safer.

But today, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to walk the "ghetto" way. The road that I normally walked was so boring, and uninteresting as I have walked there so many times.

So I went around the bend at about twenty houses from my house. As I began that walk, intuition was telling me to turn around, but my thirst for knowledge kept me going.

They said "Curiosity killed the cat" but I just wanted to know.

This road was way different as the houses were more dilapidated and despondent. But something told me that the people around this area were more "real" than the people on the other road.

I expected heckling and a lot of "ayeee baeeee's", but I didn't expect to see people staring at me as if I was a goddess.

I continued to walk and I sensed a present approaching me. I turned around and saw that it was only Shay.

He jogged up to me only wearing a white sweat soaked vest, a basketball pants and blue Jordan's.

He finally caught up to me.

"Why are you around these sides?", he said breathlessly.

"I am just tired of walking that old road", I said truthfully.

He stared at me then shook his head.

"What?", I said annoyed.

"Why are you dressed like that around these ends?"

"Dressed like how?" I was just wearing a gray crop top, a black hoodie, a black skater skirt and gray Jordans.

"They gonna think..", but he was interrupted by a gruff female voice calling him.

"SHAY! SHAAYYYYY!!"

"I coming", he shouted, "Look, I gotta go", he said to me.

I nodded and walked off. I continued to walk and that was when I really realized that I was truly in danger.

***

"You know you not gonna win this round Ice", Cody said to me. We were playing a game of pool and although I gave my all to the game, my mind simply was not there.

"Okay, I know I wont ", I replied slyly.

About half an hour later, after I had won two games and was into my third one, I heard a commotion outside, but I paid no mind.

The door slammed shut and Shay ran in. His white vest was torn and his Jordans had some russet liquid dried on it. His eyes were widen with fear. His mouth which was set in a grim determination were trembling.

I threw the pool stick by the side of the table.

"What's wrong Shay?", I asked.

"Come help, Ice. You'll see", he replied. His voice faltering.

I went passed him and what I saw was so unexpected. It was her.

What the hell was she doing around these sides?

Her long hair fanned across the ground and her leg was matted with blood.

I rushed out and turned her over on her back, and I almost vomited.

I was accustomed to gunshot wounds and such, but seeing it on her was such a shocker. Her crop top front was drenched in blood.

I lifted her up and ran to my car.

"Shay call Khioné and tell her that her sister has been shot", I said, rushing her to my car, not caring that her blood would mess up the interior of my car.

As I drove away, I pondered on my motives. Why was I doing this? She was my enemy's daughter and I should be happy that he lost someone close to him. After all, they were the ones responsible for my brother's death.

I started to do 100 and I slowed down as I entered the Hospital's entrance. I called to the nearest personnel and signal that I had an emergency. She ran in and almost as soon as she did, another person came out with the stretcher.

After about fifteen minutes in the waiting room, Blaze arrived. His hair was unkempt and his eyes were bloodshot. Khioné's face was worn and Kayel looked as if she was crying.

However, Nelisa's face was resolute and it bore a knowing look.

Blaze came over and stared at me.

"You fucking did this didn't you?", he whispered harshly

"Hell no", I said narrowing my eyes. And that was when I began to question my actions again. I had a plan for Alyssa which would eventually harm Blaze but it was if something was telling me not to do it. Alyssa had nothing to do with this whole gang war. In fact she seemed so innocent in the entire matter.

Haven't we caused Blaze enough heartache by Shay getting his eldest child pregnant. But something nasty inside me whispered, "He caused you heartache by taking your brother's life".

Blaze moved away from me and I stared at his wife once more. Its like she was not even worried that her daughter was in critical condition.

I got up and walked past Blaze. He spun around to look at me, and his eyes that were filled with hatred before, suddenly bore respect and that was when I realized that I had a lot to discuss with this man.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"Home. Alyssa does not know who I am. She knows I'm her lecturer that's all." I said honestly.

"We have much to talk about", he said after a while.

I shook my head, " I'll come over tomorrow at four since Alyssa wouldn't be there".

"What do you mean, since Alyssa wouldn't be there?", he asked, his eyes blazing.

"I tutor her in History".

"Ice, Lyssa is a whiz at history", Khioné said.

"Ohh", was all I said.

"Both of you need to settle y'all differences. Tomorrow at four Mr. Prince", Nelisa said.

I shook my head in agreement then walked out. My eyes were hurting and I realized that my heart was beating quickly.

About an hour later, I was staring at the TV comprehending nothing. I received a text from Shay which he forwarded from Khioné which read, "Something is wrong. Something strange is happening to Alyssa. Daddy insists on sending Alyssa to Europe, I think Italy straight away. Something is not right at all. :'\."

I realized that I was about to lose the only girl that I cared for.