Chapter 13-Ruby Angel

"I can't believe he did that to me", I told my mother when we went home. The revelation was unsettling. I mean, he saved my life and I never thought that he would have betrayed me.

But as I was about to find out, that was not all. My sister Khioné came into the room and she had this grave look on her face. I was just in a tee shirt and a boxer.

"Daddy wants to see you Lyssie", she said to me softly.

I signed deeply, then said, "I'm coming."

"Okay, meet us downstairs. We got something to tell you", she replied, going out the door.

I placed my face in my hands and then went to wash it. After doing that, I pulled on a gray damaged skinny jeans, a black and white muscle tee and a white ballet flat. Wasn't planning to go anywhere, but I still had to look presentable. I pulled my hair back and coiled it into a messy bun. I then ran downstairs.

As I hit the fourth to last stair, I saw my parents looking at me somberly. Kayel went to school because she had to.

Khioné didn't have to because she was pregnant and frankly even though she didn't go, she still managed to be on top of all her classes.

I sat down opposite to them.

Where was the tough Alyssa Callaway that I knew?"

"Daddy has something to tell you", Khioné said.

"Yes darling."

Darling?

"Okay, I'm waiting", I said, hiding the anguish in my voice.

"Xahir Prince..", he began but mummy cut him off.

"Not so quickly Shad", mummy scolded daddy.

"Okay. There is this gangwar going on between two gangs. My gang and this other hand which is my rival. The leader of this rival gang is Xahir Prince."

I sat their shell shocked. My eyes began to burn as I stared at my parents.

I could not cry.

Child, everything is not as it seems.

I ignored that voice in my head.

"So what does that mean?", I whispered, holding on to some of my integrity.

"You remember what Seraphina said?", mummy asked.

I gasped and the tear that was welding up in my eyes escaped.

"Mum, Xahir's the one who is after me?", I said hoarsely.

"Yes honey", she replied.

I stood up and that was when the fire blazed inside me. My eyes were burning now and I felt this pressure in my back. My throat felt raw and dry.

I felt something raise up inside of me and in my head, I saw a picture of outside, which was sunny. I channeled all that was coming up inside to the outside and within a minute, a heavy rain began to fall.

Khioné looked startled and mum came over.

"Calm down, Alyssa. Please. Since you are a Ruby Angel and the only one, the weather systems depends on your mood".

"But how can I not be angry? Xahir is after me mum".

"I know darling but..."

"How could you not tell me this earlier?", I asked, the power raising up inside of me. The rain began to fall harder.

"Alyssa Seyonè Callaway", my dad scolded.

I was vexed to so I ran out the house in the soaking rain.

***

In another setting:

I felt the magical rain. This was something altogether different. This child, although she was the one who the Salias prophesied about was way different. There was something else in that article that was missing.

I had to find that piece of article before they find out that Alyssa was way different than what was prophesied.

I simply had to destroy that child.

"Melissa, you are needed.", I shouted.

"OK", she said.

"You gon be friends with Miss Alyssa Seyonè Callaway".

***

Spain:

"Maria, algo está mal", Seraphina said to Maria. Something is wrong.

"¿Cuál es el problema, Senora?", she asked. What is the problem?

"A page is missing from the book", Seraphina said in Spanish.

"Vale", Maria replied.

"I've got to call Melissa. Something is wrong with Alyssa. I can feel it."

She went into her study then placed the long distance call.

Nelisa picked up on the third ring and she sounded distraught.

"Nelisa, ¿Como estas?", Seraphina asked her.

"I'm fine. Look, Alyssa just ran out the house", she said.

"Really? Why?," Seraphina asked her sister.

"She found out that her history lecturer whom she trusted betrayed her and that he is after her", she replied.

"I tried to warn her. Something else is going on with Alyssa. Something that isn't in the prophesy. I'm afraid Alyssa will have to go to Italy to start her training. But I'm afraid everything is about to crumble. I really need to find that paper. Alyssa is in danger", Seraphina said.

"But.."

"Keep Alyssa happy. I need her happy. She will destroy herself."

"She needs to know about the fate of the previous Ruby Angel. She needs to know the truth", Nelisa said.

"Yes Nelisa, she needs to know the truth", Seraphina whispered.

***

"The first Ruby Angel is alive".