Chapter 16- Party Time

Mummy was trying to dissuade me from going to the party. Of course I shut her down, saying that I'm not socializing nearly enough. I know I was in danger as I still did not know who Lyla was but that didn't mean I didn't have to go right?

Mum however said that the only way I could go was if i stuck with Peyton and carried my iPhone 6 which I had planned to leave home.

So after debating on what to wear, I settled on a black short pants, a white muscle tee and a pair of Nike slippers. I stuffed my bathing suit in my bag and the sunscreen and such things.

As I was heading out the door I ran into Peyton who was coming to call me. She was only wearing a short pink pants with a black bow top and old navy slippers.

"Let's go", I said.

She turned around and that was when I saw the scar. I traced my finger across it. She gasp and turned.

"She literally stabbed me in the back Lyssie", she said softly, going down the stairs.

I told my parents and my sisters later and headed out the door. As we were about to get in my car, I felt a shadow over me.

"You felt that Peyton?", I gasped.

"No", she replied, getting in the driver seat.

Of course she won't, I reckoned, she lost all her powers.

I threw my bag in the back seat and sat down. I put the car in gear then drove off. The beach was approximately an hour drive from where I live, so that means, we'll be two hours late.

We'll get there for around four.

I didn't care less.

"I'm scared", Peyton admitted.

"Don't be", I said.

"You are in danger, yet you want to please Melissa?", she asked, confused.

"If I'm in danger, then maybe today will be the day when I'll try to eradicate that danger", I said, shortly.

"Why are you doing this?", she asked, distressed.

"Because, I'm tired of people telling me stories about other people. I want to create my own story.", I said gripping the steering wheel and trying to focus on the road.

"You don't know who my sister is", she replied evenly.

"Yes its true that I don't know who Lyla is. However, I do know how I'm going to destroy her."

She said nothing and I drove along in silence.

"Thank God we are here", I said, tired of driving.

The beach was found at a reserved spot and a small wooden structure was about two minutes walk from the beach. There were a lot of palm trees and almost everyone who was invited was there.

It felt like it was Spring Break.

I got out and parked my car at the reserved spot, and took off my muscle tee. I wore a black bikini top. Peyton sported bright red.

We walked towards the beach and songs like Rascal by Skylar Stecker and Five More Hours by Chris Brown and Deorro blazed from the speakers.

Peyton saw Ashby, a girl from her Singing club and went to talk to her.

Girl just ditched me.

I went in the water to relax and then came our when it was around six. I took a walk to the nearby Palm trees. It wasn't all the dark, but almost everyone was in the beach house, which I failed to mention. It was a three story, white house and I wondered how Melissa's parents came to acquire it, since they were not well off.