If you fall know ive got you

[title from It's U by Cavetown]

YOU GUYS THIS WRITING WEBSITE I WAS TALKING ABOUT IS DOING WONDERS FOR ME OMFG

1,500 WORDS IN 20 MINUTES. IT'S THE ONLY REASON I'M ABLE TO GET OUT 2 CHAPTERS BACK TO BACK LIKE THIS

Without further ado, some more little Marcy I wrote within 20 minutes. I did actually do a bit of proofreading on this one so it should be slightly better

////////////

Going to the mall while teetering on the edge of little space was dangerous. Incredibly dangerous. Marcy shouldn't be doing it, she should at least be telling Anne, but she decided she'd be okay. She'd be okay just long enough until she could finally go home.

But just in case, she gathered up a few comfort items and threw them into her backpack for the mall. It wouldn't hurt to have them, maybe they could even bring her solace while she didn't have the ability to regress.

She packed all of it neatly and organized it into her bag, pulling out her phone to text Anne that she was ready.

Anne's mother picked her up and quickly dropped the two off at the mall with a promise to be back within a few hours. Marcy tried not to sigh at that.

A few hours was too long.

Not that she didn't like hanging out with Anne, but... she was so close to slipping. How would she last a few hours? She really shouldn't have said yes to coming. She should've cancelled, said she was sick, anything.

As soon as they arrived, Anne began pulling Marcy through the mall, looking around through a few different clothing stores. Marcy couldn't help but stop and look through the window of one of the children's stores, staring at the clothing. She couldn't slip right now, not until they were home and out of public, but god was it hard when all of this was right in front of her.

She stared longingly at the items before looking up to follow Anne to the other clothing, but paused before she could take a single step.

Anne was gone.

Marcy couldn't see her at all, no matter how far she looked. She walked down a few of the isles, panic growing, before convincing herself that Anne must be waiting outside for her.

No luck.

Okay, maybe she'd gone into a nearby shop?

After a long moment of searching, Marcy came to a conclusion:

She was lost. She was lost and Anne was nowhere to be found.

The single thought sent her barreling into headspace, and she was stubbornly rubbing tears from her eyes that just wouldn't stop. She was completely alone in the middle of a huge mall, and she didn't know what to do or where to go. She felt so small in such a large place.

Her crying wasn't slowing at all, no matter how much she told herself that crying was useless in the situation. Her brain wasn't thinking logically, it couldn't. She was only focused on the fact that she couldn't find Anne and she was extremely scared.

Was Anne worried? Did Anne even know she was gone? Was Anne looking for her?

Marcy searched half-heartedly for another moment before deciding it was useless, clutching her backpack tighter and rushing over to an especially large rack of clothing to sit down, trying desperately to hide herself in it.