Pᴀʀᴛ- 9

❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎

❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎❦︎

The classroom hummed with a low murmur of voices as Mr. Han cleared his throat, capturing everyone's attention. His gaze swept over the room, a subtle smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as he prepared to announce the seating arrangements.

"Class, we'll be assigning fixed seats for a month. The pattern will change every four weeks, so you'll have the chance to bond with different classmates." His words hung in the air, eliciting a mix of reactions from the students.

Some smiled, eager to forge new friendships in this unfamiliar environment. Others exchanged worried glances, their hopes of remaining beside familiar faces dwindling. And then there were the few who sighed inwardly, their only desire to claim a seat at the back where they could spend the year in blissful, undisturbed slumber.

Mr. Han began pairing students, his voice cutting through the rustling of notebooks and the tapping of pens.

"Kai with Jennie... and next, umm, yeah, Jimin with... you there, the boy on the third desk, yes, I'm talking to you-the one in the middle."

The boy looked up from his textbook, a polite smile gracing his features. "Sir, my name is Jung Hoseok," he said with a slight bow.

"Alright then, Hoseok and Jimin together, and Taehyung with Mr. Min." Mr. Han continued, oblivious to the undercurrent of excitement and apprehension rippling through the room.

Jimin slid into his new seat with the air of someone who had already seen it all.

"Aww, give me some space. I'm a big guy," he teased, glancing at Hoseok, who had just finished rearranging his books.

Hoseok stiffened, his eyes flickering with discomfort. "Umm... Jimin-ssi, could you please stop tapping on the desk?" he requested, his voice tinged with a restrained politeness.

Jimin paused, realizing he had been tapping absentmindedly. He offered a quick apology, "Oh, yeah... sorry," before his gaze was inevitably drawn to Hiya, whose presence seemed to fill the room with an aura of mystery.

Hoseok exhaled a quiet breath of relief, a small smile appearing on his lips. "Thanks... wanna be friends?"

"Sure, darling," Jimin responded breezily, the term of endearment slipping out without a second thought. But Hoseok merely nodded, his expression unreadable as he returned his focus to his notebook.

The lack of response didn't bother Jimin. In truth, his thoughts were elsewhere, flitting between Hiya and the inexplicable connection he felt with Taehyung. He cast a sidelong glance at his brother, who was making his way toward his own seat with the sluggishness of someone wading through molasses.

When Taehyung caught Jimin's eye, he shot him a glare, which only made Jimin snicker under his breath.

"Yeah, bro! Gimme some space for my flat ass," Taehyung drawled, addressing the silver-haired boy next to him with a mischievous glint in his eyes.