Pᴀʀᴛ-26

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

"We'll start the investigation now. Ready?" The officer asked, his tone professional but stern.

"Uh, no. I need a minute," Taehyung replied, surprisingly confident despite the situation. The officer, though visibly perplexed, gave a short nod.

"Jin, come here," Taehyung called, grabbing his brother and dragging him off to a corner, where their not-so-secretive whispering began, earning a few side-eye glances from the already suspicious staff.

"Yoongi, come here for a second, babe," Jin called out, making sure to sound casual. Jeongguk, picking up the silent signal as always, trailed behind Yoongi without even a word. Clearly, when Jin said 'Yoongi,' he meant the whole package.

The four of them formed a tight, suspicious-looking circle, heads bent together as if they were plotting world domination. The officers and staff were practically dying of curiosity, each stealing glances, no doubt wondering what sort of criminal conspiracy was brewing.

"Do you think it's done?" Taehyung whispered, his eyes darting between them like some secret agent in a bad spy movie.

"Yeah! I tried to bribe one of the officers, and he seemed to bite," Yoongi answered, far too pleased with himself.

"Pabo! No! That's the dumbest thing you could've done!" Jin snapped, eyes narrowing. "If Tae's innocent, why the hell would we be bribing anyone?"

Yoongi blinked, realization dawning slowly. "Oh... yeah. I knew that already, obviously. So I, uh, canceled the deal. The officer looked super disappointed, though. Was it the money? Maybe he—"

"Forget the money!" Jeongguk groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What are we gonna do now?"

"As I said before," Taehyung interjected, voice low with forced patience, "we need another method. A smarter one."

"Hm, yeah. Guess so," Jin muttered, giving a dramatic sigh as if this whole mess was beneath him.

With a collective nod, they all bumped their fists together in a totally unconvincing show of solidarity, hoping—praying—that somehow, they'd come out of this mess victorious.

"Ahem- Ahem! So are you guys ready now or need some more time? I might get some coffee for myself in the mean time." The officer asked with an annoyed expression, shaking his head in a mocking way. The Kims gave him a mean look before agreeing.

"Of course. He is ready." A tall man in his mid twenties with dirty blonde hair and a dashing smile on his handsome face walked in, carrying some documents in his one hand and another one in his pocket. He walked toward the inspector and stood in front of him.

"May I know who you're?" The officer named Yibo asked who was equally as handsome as the intriguer.

"No long intros, in short you can call me zhan, lawyer of Taehyung Kim. And I know this test is handled by officers not lawyers but still I've got the permissions to invade in between your work ." Zhan flawlessly said while handing out the permission papers to Yibo who took it while rolling his eyes.