Chapter 38 (Semi Final)

Jennie was shocked what Jungkook just said. She couldn't figure out how he finds out.

Jennie: what? (Nervous)
Jungkook: what do you think, I won't know about it?

She became quite. She didn't know what to say. Jungkook went close to her.

Jungkook: I saw you both in the cafe together. When I called you, you lied to me.
Jennie: I didn't want to lie.
Jungkook: but you did lie. And went to meet Tae when I clearly told you not to. (Mad)

He was clearly mad but very clam which is kinda worrying.

Jungkook: why did you lie to me? (Angrily)
Jennie: look I can explain.
Jungkook: then explain Jen.
Jennie: I... I- (hesitate)
Jungkook: speak Jennie.

Jungkook raised his eye brows and wanting to hear her answer. While Jennie was straggling whether to tell him about Lisa or not.

Jennie: I went to meet Tae because... because it was important.
Jungkook: and what was that important thing?
Jennie: kuma and Yeontan need vaccine. But as both me and Tae adopted them, our signature were important. That's why Tae called to meet me.
Jungkook: if that so why didn't you tell me? I would go with you.
Jennie: because you clearly wouldn't agree to it.

Jungkook calmed himself down now. He totally believed her. Why he wouldn't? He loves her and he trusts her more than himself.

He went close to her and hold her shoulder and giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Jungkook: Jen, babe, I love you that's why I was worried. When I saw Tae with you jealousy got me. (Softly)
Jennie: I didn't want to lie to you. But I didn't want to upset you either. (True)
Jungkook: I know. I am sorry for getting mad at you. (Cared cheek)
Jennie: why do you doubt? Don't you trust me ?
Jungkook: I do trust you. I really do. But I don't trust Tae.
Jennie: why? He knows we are together.
Jungkook: it's... it's something I can't explain to you. All that I know is that I love you.
Jennie: I love you too. (Smiled)

He hugged her tight and she hugged him back. Jennie feels bad now to lying to him. But she didn't want to him feel guilty about Lisa's situation.

Taelice side

Tae was at Lisa's as Jisoo went on a date with Jin. Lisa didn't wanted to be alone so she call him because there's no other person she could think of. And as she call him, he came without asking anything.

Tae: here you go ma'am. Shrimp chips.
Lisa: thank you. (Wide smile)
Tae: which movie you want to see?
Lisa: I don't know. You choose one.
Tae: okay. Let's see this. It have been recently released.

He sat beside her on the couch. They were watching the movie when a mature romantic scene. They were feeling shy and weird suddenly. Tae was coughing while looking away. Lisa also looked at the opposite direction to avoid the awkwardness.

Tae took the remote and turn off the tv. He wanted to normalize the situation.

Tae: I am hungry. Let's eat something.
Lisa: yeah. Me too.
Tae: Ramen?
Lisa: sure.

He stood up and went to kitchen for making some ramen. Lisa could see him from the living room. And her eyes blooms as she was watching him.