🖤17: ʀᴇɴɢᴏᴋᴜ ʜᴏᴜsᴇʜᴏʟᴅ🖤

"I don't believe you should be here in your current state." Akaza explains while trailing Tanjiro, who was somewhat limping down a dirt route. He observes the teens' pale skin as he moves along, till they come across a young boy who oddly resembles Kyojuro. Akaza tilts his head in recognition of his similar appearance before stiffening slightly in response to little scratching noises emanating from the familiar brown box he is holding. "Senjuro-kun?" The stated boy glances up from the floor, slowing his actions as he stares at the teen in front of him. Tanjiro makes a head-bow. "I came to visit Kyojuro Rengoku, is that okay?" He casts an upward glance at the boy. Senjuro takes a big breath, appearing to be worn out. "My brother?" He's still sleeping, but he should be awake soon." Senjuro's brows drop as he scans Tanjiro from head to toe. "Are you okay? You look really pale there."

      "Stop!" The sudden loud voice causes Tanjiro and Senjuro to flinch. Akaza and Kokushibo stand off to the side, nearly hidden around the corner. As the six-eyed demon's gaze lands on Senjuro's pained look, he tightens his grip on the umbrella that the two demons are sharing. "You've just come to tell us useless crap anyways!" Akaza arches his brows and casts a waiting glance toward the corner of the entrance gate with his golden gaze. "It was his own fault for becoming a swordsman despite his lack of talent! That's why he didn't kill that demon! Kyojuro is a fool of a son!" And at the time, Tanjiro refused to believe any of those baffling words. Tanjiro notices the bottle in his hand and recognizes it as alcohol right away. His hands start to tremble, but he conceals it with his haori. "People's talents are decided the moment they are born." His hearless remarks continue to irritate the oldest demon. The power this man wields, nonetheless, is obvious to him. He can sense that he was once a hashira. "Only a small fraction of people have talent; the rest are riffraff. Garbage of no value!" Tears are threatening to spill from Senjuro's eyes, so he averts his sight. At his remarks, Tanjiro's breath starts to tremble. What makes him say that? Does he not understand what took place and why he chose not to kill the demon? It's because the demon wanted to join the demon hunters and would not attack anyone else. That's why he stopped attacking the demon.

      Tanjiro continues to stare at Shinjuro with his eyes wide open. "Kyojuro was like that, lacking in great talent. Of course he was going to lose!" The Kamado glares at the older man standing in front of him in his home's entryway, and veins emerge on his head. "That's a really cruel way to phrase it. Please stop talking that way."  Shinjuro mocks the teen while pointing with his palm up. "What's up with you? Get the hell out! Don't step into my threshold!" Tanjiro attempts to present himself as a demon hunter, but the alcoholic guy widens his eyes when his gaze lands on his earrings. His grasp loses control of the sake bottle. The two younger boys stare at the man in disbelief, not expecting him to suddenly go quiet.

      "I see, you're a 'breath of the sun' user, right?!" He yells at Tanjiro, his face covered in pure hatred. Kokushibo closes his six eyes and hums softly. Akaza has a puzzled expression on his face as he peers up at the taller demon, not comprehending what the man is saying. "'Breath of the sun?' What are you talking about?" Shinjuro suddenly suddenly appears in front of Tanjiro and slams him to the ground on his stomach before he can react. Senjuro almost loses his balance as he lets out a gasp before hurriedly approaching his father. "Father, please stop! Just look at the person; his body is in bad shape!" He tugs on his father's sleeve, hoping he'll pay attention to his words, but they pass by like nothing. His son receives a slap across the face from him, causing Senjuro's body to crash into the ground. Tanjiro's body filled with rage as his eyes expand in response to what he has witnessed. "Enough already, you abomination!" As he slides his feet against the ground, he tries to slap his fist against his face but blocks it. "What have you been doing?" The young Rengoku is staring in disbelief while pressing his palm towards his battered cheek. He finally catches sight of the two demons peering down at his father from behind. He questions why the two didn't even try to disguise their demonic look and why they didn't start off by attacking one of them.