Twenty-Nine

Trauma is something that most people have experienced in their life. 

Some persons have experienced mild or even high-risk traumas, but Ellie felt like regardless of its extremities, it was traumatic nonetheless and seriously damages a person's outlook on life.

Ellie was told by her therapist that she had a chronic reaction of downplaying her trauma. 

She had the dangerous mindset that "It wasn't that bad". 

It tricked her into thinking that she could go ahead in life without addressing her pain or hurt. 

Placing a bandaid on the open wound and hoping that it doesn't rear its bloody head again was her motto.

When her parent's died, she ran away and even downplayed that. She wasn't the only person that had lost both parents in the world. Why should she act as if she was?

So she buried all of the consistent pain she dealt with and tried running into the first arms that would distract her from the pain. 

Anthony Jr was someone she knew for a long time. They attended the same school and even worked the same job for a while, so dating him was logical. 

Subconsciously, he was supposed to cover the wound. Even when she knew he was inflicting even more abuse on her mental health she still didn't wake up. 

She thought she had when she caught him cheating and almost killed him, but even after that she still buried her pain. 

Ellie ran. 

She tethered Texas to pain and felt that if she moved, or cut ties with her childhood home, then the pain would lessen. That she could stay asleep to the reality of what had become her life.

Yet, Ellie's life had continued to tug her awake regardless of her resistance.

First with the attack in the parking lot and then at the club where she was sexually assaulted. 

Ellie tried to keep all of what happened to her at a non-panic level.

She tried so hard to keep the reaction of just freaking out down deep inside of her, but the shootout at the club unravel her slowly. 

The unloading of information afterwards.

Evan lies to her, Vincent lies to her, and Kian shooting at her. 

Everything was now spinning around her. All that she had bottled inside, spurting everywhere. Ellie sat in the middle of her chaos with pieces of her heart scattered around her.

The only thing that was keeping her grounded was the still body of her brother laying in the makeshift hospital bed in front of her. 

It's been a week since he's been shot and Ellie has been visiting him here.

This room was located in Kian's wing, it's similar decor of charcoal grey walls and dark blue curtains decorating the room.

It was on the first floor and bland like the apartment she stayed at. The room only had a bed, two bedside drawers, a chair that conformed to her ass, and a television that only showed the news. 

The route here had finally become embedded into her mind. Ellie knew what time to be here to avoid him, where she should walk and how long she should be here. 

With unfocused eyes,  Ellie wondered over Vincent's still body.  There were wires running all over his body and a tube was placed in his mouth. 

Everytime she came to visit him, Kassie greeted her with eyes filled with pity and possibly a look of disappointment.