Fifteen

Ellie groaned as she stumbled over to her desk.

Was it always this far from the entrance? She thought. 

Another groan erupted from her throat when she found her chair and slump her body in it. She laid her head down on the desk and prayed to God that if He took this hangover from her, she'll never do it again. 

Saturday night wasn't enough for her and her brother, they just had to go out on Sunday as well. 

This time it was just her and him. And, after bonding all day, they started a drinking contest that she wasn't sure who won.

All she remembers is the waiter bringing her countless shots and trying to decipher if she got a ride home with a stranger in a black car or did she and Vincent got the taxi they were failing to flag down.

"Wild night"

Ellie groaned in response to Anna's question and heard her chuckle. She didn't dare raise her head because then the whole world would spin and she needed it to stay on its axis.

This was nothing new with Vincent and Ellie expected nothing less from him when he came.

They always drank. Even as teens they would sneak their parents' liquor into their rooms to have games with their friends. 

What truly surprise Ellie was Kian and Evan.

She expected that being in a room with Evan she wouldn't be able to control her longtime feelings towards him, but it's like Kian being there nullified it to a point where she question if she ever had one.

She didn't feel that overwhelming feeling to make Evan laugh or smile or even the urge to touch his hair. 

All she thought about was Kian and how his leg was pressed to her thigh as he sat in the booth and the calming touch of his callous fingers running along her shoulder as it rested behind her chair.

She wasn't fooled. 

Ellie knew that there was tension between Kian and Evan, however, she was confused about why. 

As much as Ellie didn't want Evan to look at her like a little sister back then, he did. He and Vincent were so overprotective of her that they even threatened her past boyfriends and sometimes potential ones. 

Ellie didn't mind this from her brother, but she tried really hard for years to rectify this kind of bond Evan was trying to bestow on her and thought she had succeeded.

She thought that the fleeting kiss they shared on that night had changed things, but the way Evan acted with Kian was the same as he would act when he only recognized her as a little sister.

Vincent was a Computer Analyst or hacker and Evan was a professional boxer. Yet, as Evan challenged Kian, her fear was more so for the boxer than her boss.

She kept squeezing Kian's thigh, hoping that her hand would be close enough to stop him from reaching for the gun she knew was tucked somewhere on his body. 

Ellie knew good and well that Kian was the kind of person who would put a bullet in someone's head first before asking questions.

She felt herself almost reach the brink of suffocation when Evan pressed the subject of Kian's squeaky image online and that he might be hiding something. She felt Kian's hand jerk and she knew right then, that he would shoot him. 

But, he pleasantly surprised her when he only moved his hand from her shoulders to her hand on his thigh and rubbed it. 

The smile that graced her lips did not go unnoticed by Vincent, Evan, or Kian.