4

Devale
- November 28th

"Why do you feel like you have to yell to get your point across?" I asked Crystal and she shrugged.

"Because you don't listen unless I yell Devale." she told me and I smacked my teeth. "I always listen to you."

"Oh really?" , "Yes really."

She stood up from our bed, "I'm not doing this with you today, I'm going out to get food bye." She left the room.

"Not like that you ain't," I followed her out our bedroom, she had on some little ass shorts and a crop top.

It was mainly because she only fitted dresses or one pieces, nothing regular. "Find me a dress then."

I went back into the room and got out her a pink fashion nova dress with some pink furry Ugg slides.

"Are you coming?" She asked when I handed her the clothes, "Where you going?" I responded with a question.

"I was going to go to ihop and get some brunch with Tootie." She informed me and I shook my head.

"Bring me something back." I told her and she nodded, after she got dressed she came over to take pictures in the mirror then kissed me.

"Okay that's enough." She pulled back once I got carried away, "Gone head with yo fine ass,"
I smirked watching her walk away.

"You so sexy pregnant." I yelled after her and I heard her laugh, my wife so beautiful I just love everything about her.

"WE LOVE YOU!" I heard Crystal yell, "I LOVE YALL MORE!" I responded and seconds later she left.

I laid in bed and grabbed my phone, I texted Khadeem back once I seen she told me she was 10 minutes away.

We haven't really spoken about what's going on with the kids in a long time. Every time Christmas or Thanksgiving comes around she drops them off and leaves.

Then comes to get them without even speaking with me, so finally we decided to have a sit down.

Now Crystal does not now and she does not need to know, she would kill me, her and everybody else if she found out.

It's not that she's bitter or anything but the last thing Kay said to her was that she hoped Crystal died giving birth.

And that was only 2 weeks after we announced our pregnancy with our second child, ever since Crystal has hated her.

She didn't like her that much before but now she despised her, I don't like her all that much either but I have to put up with her.

We have 4 kids together and they're not grown so we have to talk here and there.

(A/N : Jackson is 11, Kairo is 8, Kaz is 7, Dakota is 3, & Delilah is 2)

801-625-0314
I'm outside.

I got up to open the door for Kay, "Hi," She spoke first and I nodded at her, I let her in and we sat at the table.

"Whats going on bro?" I asked immediately, I knew Kay, and this was not her. The Kay I knew and loved would never behave this way.

"I need you to keep the boys for a little over a year." I looked at her crazy cause she sound wild dumb right now.

"I don't mind keeping my SONS but I'm trying to see why, you kept them away all this time." Why now? You know

"Life just been kicking my ass Devale, i need to get myself back together and my feet." i nodded taking in what she was saying.

"What you mean? Elaborate."

"Well for starters Jack has been kicked out of 2 schools, I can't keep putting him in school when all he does is fight."

"And Kairo he has sickle cell really bad he gets it from my mom, but he has been in and out of the hospital."

"Dakota is at home with me all day but I have no time to keep him entertained or engage with him."

"Kaz is always okay, he's never a problem."

"Why haven't you been calling me telling me none of this shit bro? My son in hospital and shit other one getting kicked out."

"Why tf didn't you call me?" I raised my voice, she covered her eyes. "I don't have time for the yelling Devale."

"I wanted to call you but I have already caused enough trouble in your home, I wanted to handle it alone."

"I don't give a damn Kay, them my sons Crystal would understand in a heartbeat and you know that." I mugged her.

"Okay Devale, are you going to keep them or not." she asked and I nodded. "Duh I'm going to keep them."

"I'm going to need guardian ship and all that for school- I know I have it." She handed me a paper.

"Okay," I read it all before I signed it off and gave it back to her. "Listen to me okay?" She looked up at me.

"Get yourself together Khadeem, this is not you. I know you, or at least I did, but I know this isn't you. You always get shit done, your make sure your #1 for everything when it comes to being a mother. You don't slack, never have, so don't let bullshit shack up your world. You're better than this, Kay you're an amazing woman and you know you got this in the bag. You show life you're the boss of your own destiny and you own it okay?"

"Thank you Devale, I needed that." She smiled a bit wiping her tears, "Come here, you know you'll always have a spot in my heart."

"Just don't go disrespecting my wife anymore because I will let her beat your ass," we both laughed knowing it was true.

She leaned in and gave me a side hug just as the door opened, "The Fuck?"