11

Devale Ellis

"Everyone's in?" I asked before I pulled out of the parking lot. The school just had a parent meeting.

Jackson is doing a lot better and I love that but they told me he has anger issues.

Kairo is as quiet as a mouse, they thought he didn't talk but truth is he's just really tired. He had sickle cell and it's freezing.

Crystal and I try our hardest but he's still struggling so bad, however Kaz is always amazing.

"Boys y'all want pizza or seafood?" Crystal asked as I pulled up to Walmart. "Seafood!" They all yelled.

We all hopped out and I grabbed Dior's carseat, her big ass need to get out of it anyway. She 11 months, she'll be 1 in January.

We walked in and I grabbed the cart with the two seats and then Crystal got two red car things.

Kota and Delilah got on the cart, and Jackson and Kairo got the red car. Kaz likes to be independent so I just held his hand.

I made sure Dior's car seat was in comfortable and correctly before we walked in. "Okay this way baby."

I followed Crystal's lead to the bread, we went in all the isles before we got the seafood last. "Okay don't go nowhere."

I rolled my neck at Crystal with a laugh before she walked away, I was glad the kids had their phone/tablets.

I would not be able to entertain all 6 of these kids at once. "Da!" Delilah whined, "Huh?" I asked her.

She held up a sucker, instead of taking it I opened it and gave her one. I knew the boys would want one as well.

I grabbed the box of them and gave them all one. They say there and we patiently waited for Crystal to come back.

"MOMMA!" I jumped along with Dior and Delilah at the boy's yells. Jack and Kai hopped out the cars and ran.

Kaz went along with them but Kota stayed put with me and the girls, I looked up and seen Khadeen.

Before I did anything I put Dior's binky in her mouth so she could stop crying. "Kay?" I rolled the cart down to her.

She smiled, "Hi, um I forgot to mention I was in town." She let me know and I nodded. "It's cool."

"We missed you!" Jack said hugging her still, he was a true momma's boy at heart. "I missed y'all too!"

"Why'd you leave us mommy?" Kai asked holding her hand. "I had to get better but soon you'll be with me again."

"Good!" Kaz said with a smile, "You don't like it here with daddy?" She asked with a slight chuckle.

"No we love it here but we miss you I can't wait to be able to come to both houses." Jack said.

Kay looked away, "Actually when you guys come with momma we'll be in Florida." She let the 3 know.

Kota still had yet to notice his mothers presence, "Huh?" , "What's Floria?" , "Why?"

"Well Florida is another city just like Atlanta and because mommy and Nas got a good job and house down there."

They all just nodded pretending to understand what she said, "Hey Baby boy!" She went over to Kota.

He looked up and smiled, "Hi!" He kissed her cheek since she was leaning in his face, she smiled and stood up.

"Baby i finally found- Crystal cut herself off looking around until she spotted us. She didn't notice Kay at first.

"I thought I said not to move." She whined laughing, "Girl we barely moved." I grabbed her waist.

It was only now she looked up, "Oh Oh! Hey Kay." She spoke and waved, "Hey Crystal." Kay said.

"What're you doing here? In Atlanta?" She asked the question I'd been wanting to know.
"Work."

We both nodded, "Well boys mommy has to go but have much fun with Daddy and Mama Chrissy."

The boys hugged their mom one last time before she walked away, "What were y'all talking about?"

Crystal asked as the boys got back in their seats, "I was barely talking she was talking to the boys."

"Oh." , "Yea, she told them they were going to Florida." Her eyes widened a bit, "Mhmm I see."

We went to the checkout and got out in almost 30 minutes, we loaded the car and unloaded when we got home.

It took a good hour to put the stuff up and get the boys ready for bed and dinner. Crystal finished up the food and called them down.

They all came quickly and she sat everyone's plates infront of them. She made sure Kota Lilah and Dior were asleep.

They had already eaten and had their bath, she made her way to the kitchen and sat beside Devale.

"Okay grace!" She cut the boys off, they grabbed hands. "Dear Heavenly Father I come to you to thank you for my amazing family. I appreciate you for giving us better everyday, and waking us up. Amen."

"Amen"