A Sunday Well Spent Brings A Week of Content

And so the awaited evening went by. My mom and sisters are already doing the finishing touches on our well-prepared food filled with tender, love, and care. Mom and I loved to cook. So we decided to cook our favorites for this special evening: Baked Salmon topped with A LOT of various cheeses (there is no such thing as TOO MUCH CHEESE), Baked Asparagus topped with olive oil, salt & pepper, and parmesan, Grilled rib-eye steak, and a rice pilaf. And for dessert, oh sweet dessert, mom's special Tiramisu Meltdown Cake.

Wow. These people really are special.

"Leena! Come down already! We need your help.", mom shouted.

"Almost ready mom!" I shouted as I kept fixing my red skater dress. Yup, this was totally mom's idea. I wouldn't mind wearing a dress on occasions like this but, red? BRIGHT RED. After doing millions of different hair styles with my thick curly hair, I just decided to let it stay on a pony tail. I hurriedly slipped on my brown leather flats and went straight down to the kitchen to offer some help.

"Oh no no, you're helping me welcome our guests outside", dad insisted.

Oh, sure, yeah. I'm great at doing that. -_-

As my dad and I opened our front door, Uncle Joe's black Toyota Fortuner went inside our driveway. Great timing, though.

Uncle Joe went out of the front passenger's seat waving at the two of us. Hmm, that's weird, he wasn't the one driving?

"Hey there guys! Hi Leena!", Uncle Joe shouted. I waved and smiled politely while standing on our deck.

"Leena, I'd like you to meet your Aunt Manna, and Cris, my eldest daughter."

"Oh hi! Nice to finally meet you." I handed out my hand for a nice friendly hand shake.

"And this is Marion, the youngest, he-"

Youch! I screamed as I felt a tight a squeeze on my waist. Marion, who was very full of energy, was hugging and squeezing me to death. Oh well, he was a really cute little chubby kid.

"...WOW. He's a hugger," I said gasping for air, bearing the pain of his oh-so-wonderful power hug.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that", a cool and deep guy's voice said. As I turned to face him, he was holding out the car keys, pressed a button and their car immediately lighted up and made a short beep. Wow, he can drive.

"And this is my son Jeff," Uncle Joe excitedly said.

"Oh, hi there. I'm, uh, Leena," I said shyly, handing out my hand. He just smiled at me. "Okay come on inside, dinner's ready!"

I led them into the kitchen while Uncle Joe and my dad were still talking outside. Those two never stop talking.

"Mom! Here they are," my mom looked at my wide open eyes and big smile, and suddenly realized that behind me were people.