You Have No Idea How Great You Are

Jeff's Point of View

It was past 4 pm when Leena and I almost finished emptying my room. Mom and dad were close to finish too. Leena's been helping Marion out for a while after we finished packing up my clothes. I gave her my Beatles clothes, even if I liked it so much. I saw the look in her face when she grabbed it from me. She was so happy, I wanted to see her look even more happy. I pulled myself together and quickly too the shirt from her, and with a deep breath, helped her out into wearing it. I hope she didn't think that was too much though.

Do you know that nervous, excited, and happy feeling when you see a beautiful girl wearing your shirt? That happened to me when I took a step back and looked at her completely. In fact, I wasn't just nervous, excited, and happy. I had a million other feelings inside of me that I couldn't even put it into words.

"Hey." I looked at Leena who was sitting on the floor beside Marion, closing up his box full of shirts and toys. She looked very pretty wearing my Beatles shirt with a pair of shorts and Keds, and her hair tied up in a ponytail. "You guys ready? Dad says we have to pile up everything in the truck now. You know... before it gets dark."

"Yeah! Just closing up the boxes." She said happily as she struggled to stand up. She looked tired already.

"Here, let me help you", I said giving her a hand. I tugged her. Wow, she was a little heavy.

"Thanks." She smiled at me. "Okay, Marion, do you think you could carry that small box?"

"YES I CAN!" Marion shouted as he ran towards the box, picked it up, and ran downstairs.

"You look tired already." I looked straight into her eyes while picking up one box full of clothes.

"A little. But it's okay.... oh, here I'll carry this." She moved towards the box beside me. We carried them both downstairs, and dad immediately took the box she was carrying.

"Leena!", Dad called her, "it's okay! It's okay. Us men will do the carrying. You just rest there and eat with your mom and Aunt Manna."

"Oh! Thank you! I'd be delighted to." She handed the box to dad and gave me a smile. Here she goes again with food.

I walked up and down the stairs, carrying all the boxes in my room and Marion's room, and every time I passed by the kitchen, Leena looked at me as she enjoyed every bite of her snack. As I finished, I went straight to the kitchen and sat with them.

"Looks like you've got an excuse to skip gym now, huh?" She gave me a small grin.

"Yeah. But you've got none." I motioned towards her empty plate. She slapped me on my arm.

"Okay, children. Stop fighting", Aunt Catherine said. I kind of felt embarrassed for teasing her daughter. "So, Jeff, one more year and you'll graduate. Do you have any college choices now?"

"Uhm, yes actually. I lowered down my choices to 2. Oakland University and the State University. I haven't decided which one yet."

"Ohh... that's okay! At least you have an idea now, huh? A sense of direction." She said with a cheerful voice. I liked Aunt Manna, she was just so warm and nice. "But... isn't Oakland a little far from here?"

"Well, yes Aunt Manna. I think that's one of the reasons I couldn't decide yet. Also, I'd still have to wait if they'd give me the scholarship."

"Really? Wow! I heard State has already given you and John a sports scholarship?" I nodded. I looked at Leena who just kept silent. Probably couldn't think of anything to say, but she just smiled at me. "Leena, you better be like that next year. You need some direction."