Such A Small World

As Thea and I have been scouting for food here at the mall, we decided to go back to Starbucks again, we just didn't want to go home yet. 

"Girl, we have got to stop doing this. I mean, if we don't, by the time school starts we gon' be obese!", Thea said stuffing her mouth with a blueberry muffin we just bought at the Muffin Factory. 

"Yeah right, I'm seeing a preview right now", I said as I eyed her mouth.

"OUCH!", I screamed. Thea kicked me on the knee, and apparently something bumped into my head too. What just happened?!

Thea just started laughing non-stop. Best friends, huh?

"Oh shit, I am so sorry—-", a guys voice said.

"You better watch where you're going or i'll—-", I stopped talking as I saw his face. Shoot, really?! Jeff? We just stared at each other for god knows how long.

"Ooooooooooh, dude! You're dead!", a group of boys behind him yelled.

"Oh, you.", I looked at Jeff. "And.... you?", I looked at one of the boys behind him. Thea noticed him too, I guess that's why she stopped stuffing her mouth with the muffin filled with blueberry goodness. It was Zander.

"Wait, you guys know each other?", Jeff asked the both of us. I was just speechless, I mean, what the hell is going on right now? Luckily, Thea broke of the silence.

"Hi, I'm Thea a.k.a best friend. I'll talk to you since my friend here is still processing stuff in her head. For your information, yes, they do know each other, the three of us study in the same school. And you are?", she asked Jeff.

"Oh, Jeff. I'm Leena's... friend. Our dads know each other."

"So I've heard. She told me everything about you!", Thea said with a big smile on her face. Shit.

"Excuse me?!", I asked her immediately. Jeff just smiled. THAT SMILE MAN.

"Okaaay, so I guess we know each other already", Zander said squeezing into the small circle we made, "such a small world, huh?"

"Well, enough about us. How 'bout you guys, you hang out with each other?", I asked looking at Zander and Jeff.

"Oh yeah, Zander just lives across the street from our house", Jeff said pointing at Zander.

"Yeah, we've been hanging out for a pretty long time and—", Zander stopped and looked at Thea, "Hey! I went to visit your brother a while ago and I forgot my damn phone there. Can I come home with you?"

Aww, look at my best friend having the time of her life. Yep, Zander and her brother were really close. That's why she always scored more moments with him than I did. God, the boys in our neighborhood just happen to know each and every one, huh?