I Don't Love You, Yet

Our next go-to gig (yes, I call it go-to gig now) was on a sunny Sunday morning. By 9 am, we were supposed to meet them at their house again. But then mom suggested that we would take our SUV today, instead of theirs. And because it's Sunday, all of us went to church first. I wore my flowery Sunday dress for today, with a matching brown ribbon belt around my waist, paired with a pair of brown flats. Mom was wearing a peach blouse and a black skirt, while dad was wearing his polo, the same with Uncle Joe and Jeff, while Aunt Manna wore a red dress.

After the mass each of us entered our SUV, the same seating arrangement and went to our destination, which was about 2 hours away. It wasn't the same occasion that we went to before. We were just meeting with one of my dad's friend who lives out of town.

I sat beside Jeff at the back, who was looking sharp and handsome as usual. He was looking straight at his laptop, looking very serious, so I decided not to talk to him for a while. Our moms and dads kept talking at the front, as usual. Since I didn't want to look out of place, I decided to read the book that I brought, Inferno.

Jeff saw me taking out the book and fiddling with the pages. I saw him grin.

"Dan Brown?" FINALLY. He spoke. I was kind of feeling awkward for the past 30 minutes now.

"Yeah." I raised the book to let him see and let out a small smile, then I continued to read. Every now and then, I could see him glancing and looking towards me. I didn't like it when people do that, it makes me conscious and weird. But when it comes to him, it was strangely flattering.

"What?" I asked him. I finally looked at him when I realized that he was just staring longer than usual. He just moved his head from side-to-side and then smiled, looking at his laptop screen. Now, I stared at him.

"Haha. Nothing! Nothing. Continue with your reading." He said trying to stop laughing. His cheeks were turning red.

"No way. I can't unless you tell me", I said angrily. I was just pretending to be angry, but I'm not. Not THAT angry, though. "And what are you doing anyway???"

"I'm readying my college applications if you must know."

"Oh. Okay", I said in a non-caring way and went back to reading.

"Hey, sorry. You want to help me?"

"And why on earth would I help you?"

"Come oooon!" He immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. "Look, these are the ones I'm applying to. The first one is Oakland University, which is just about 3 towns away, it's a little expensive, but I guess I could apply for scholarship."

I looked at the university's website and wow, their campus looked beautiful! "Oh yeah. That looks like a great college. But, what course are you going to take?"

"Okay, so I've decided to take a course related to business. Since I think it would really be important, and I think all of this is kind of a sign, you know."