We're Getting Older Everyday

"All right, my team! First of all, thank you so much for staying a little late. I know it's the last day of your 3-day exams, and some of your friends are probably out at the mall, park, road trips....", my math teacher, Ms. Avana, said as the three of us sat down on the chairs nearest her.

My 2 other 'teammates' were sitting both at my sides, while I was in between them. And honestly we didn't say a thing. We were all pissed for staying late at school on the last day of the final exams where all the other people were already out having fun. Ms. Avana just didn't stop talking.

"... you know", getting ready for the summer, oh! And for prom! And...", she continued. Did she really have to say that? I mean, the three of us were really pissed that we won't be able to dress up like the others. Then, finally, she realized that she needed to stop. "Okaaaay, so I just wanted to give you these advanced Trigonometry and Basic Calculus reviewers. There is no doubt that they'll ask these at the contest."

I looked down at the papers, which had about... 10 pages. UGHHH. The student beside me, Alexa, sighed as she saw all the problems we had to solve, even though I knew she could answer it. She's like, the smartest girl in school. And on my right was Stevie, a little nerdy boy that was always in the 1st Honor list since he was like... five. Though I saw in his face a troubled look, since I know that he just studies what we study in class. I, on the other hand, have already studied Basic Calculus (*ahem ahem* not to brag) when I was still a Freshman when I finished my advanced classes in Math. It took my 5 years to learn basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) up to Calculus. My teacher always pressured me to study everyday and do 3 exercises everyday just so I could finish 'early', which was about 4-5 years. EXHAUSTING!

"I know it's a little too much," (YES IT IS), "but I just want you guys to be ready and be prepared. There are about 50 teams from different schools there, so, don't let our's down!"

We stood up, took the reviewers, said good bye to Ms. Avana, then went straight outside to leave the school. I didn't go straight home yet, I called Thea first.

"Theabellssss! Where are you?", I said as I walked towards the gate.

"OMG. You done? Come with me to the mall, picking out a dress!!! EMERGENCYYYY!", she shouted. And I literally had to move my phone away from my ear just so I wouldn't turn deaf.

"OKAY. Stop shouting. Where are you now? And who are you with?"

"Mall. Sherri Hill Outlet. HURRY! I am alone and lonely!"

I arrived at the outlet 30 minutes after and saw Thea holding what looks like about 10 prom dresses, short and long, on her one arm. And honestly, I don't know how she still managed to stand up and look for other options while holding the other dresses on her other arm.

"YEY YOU'RE HERE! Hold please! Mwah!"

She immediately gave me all of thee 10 dresses she was holding as she took another 2 out of the rack. "COME ON, how many dresses do you have to fit?!"

"This is all, I swear! I would've not gotten all these dresses if you came earlier," she said as a shallow excuse.

"Well, not my fault! Ms. Avana gave us reviewers again and tortured us by summarizing everything that we'll be missing at prom so..."

"UGH, again?", she shouted as we walked towards to one empty fitting room, a big one. We locked ourselves inside and she started trying out the dresses. "You know, I still feel sorry for you. And I'm still pissed that it had to be on the exact same day! We've been so excited about this!"

"Ahem, no, you were excited for all the dressing-up and make up, okay? I just want to go wild and party!", I said as she faced me wearing a peach chiffon long dress with a belt full of roses around her waist. "Oh, what the?! NO, that is so not you. Too girly!"