Something's Wrong

I decided to spend some time alone with myself at the mall. Somehow, I made it  a point to at least have a date with myself every week. I don't know why though, maybe because I'm an introvert or I just need a break from talking and talking and talking with my friends.

I bought a hot cup of Caffe Latte from Starbucks so I'd have something to hold on to while walking and window-shopping. The warm and soft texture of the coffee cup made me feel cozy inside a freezing mall which probably has air conditioning set to 10 degrees.

When I was at the front of the H&M store, my phone started vibrating. I thought it was mom, asking where I was since I didn't tell her that I would be going here, but as I glanced on the screen, John's name came up.

"Hello?" I greeted him, sounding a little curios and confused since he never really called me before, he only texts me.

"Look behind...", he said with a deep and creepy voice.

And so I looked behind. I didn't see him anywhere. "What? Where are you?!"

"Look farther behind!"

I squinched my eyes looking at the 3 nearest stores in front of me: Guess, Marks & Spencer, and Penshoppe. And still nothing. "Dude, come on just tell me where you are!"

"GUESS!" At first, I thought he literally said that I should guess where he is, but then my brain functioned again, and there he was, posing like a mannequin at the front of the store.

"HAAAAHAHAHAHA! HOLY CRAP! I did not notice you, AT ALL." I laughed like a fucking weirdo at the middle of the corridor while John was walking towards me, also laughing like a retard.

"Good, huh???"

"You are AWESOME." We gave each other a high five. "So, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing, just strolling around. You?"

"Same."

"GREAT! Let's eat together!"

"WHAT?! No way, this is my ME time."

"Me time sh-mee time! Come on." Before I could pull myself together, he was already dragging me to Starbucks, again. He bought me a blueberry cheesecake and he bought himself some danish and a cup of black coffee. Immediately as he sat down, he asked me a question that stopped me from taking a bite of the cake. "Hey, have you seen Jeff lately?"

"Uhm.... no. Why?"

"Well, I can't contact him. Doesn't reply to any of my messages in Facebook, and when I visit his house, they're not there. Don't you know? I mean, when the whole family is gone, most of the time they're with your family."

"What? Not always, geez. Let me give him a call." I grabbed my phone, searched for his name and pressed call. After a few rings, the call ended. "Oh. That's weird. Maybe they.... went somewhere with cheap reception?"