Christmas Eve

Part I

"Good morning Mrs. C!", John greeted loudly as he saw my mom inside the kitchen baking some pie. Aries and Zander followed his lead and greeted mom too, they were a little shy since it was their first time to meet mom.

"Good morning Leena's group of boy friends," Mom said as if she just made a joke. Not funny mom, sorry. But the guys just laughed politely, "Great you guys could spend time together before Christmas, huh?"

"Yes, ma'am. And thanks again for allowing us! Usually families are kinda busy during Christmas Eve," Aries said sounding so polite and nice.

"Oh! No worries, all I have to do is cook, that's all. You guys are staying until the afternoon, right?", Mom asked as she was preparing all of the different ingredients she needed on the counter top.

"Oh, if that's okay with you ma'am?" Zander said. Aww, look at him so polite too! Such a total turn on when the guys are so nice.

"Of course! I'll be cooking my best meals! Because tonight, Leena, we'll be inviting you're Uncle Joe and the whole family!" Mom looked so excited.

"Oh, that's great! Uhm, actually, Jeff's coming over in a minute."

"Oh? OH! That's great! All bonding time for all of you, huh? And how 'bout Thea?"

Thea came running towards the kitchen, she was using our bathroom a while ago. "Preseeeeeent! I'm here!"

"She's here too," I said with my sarcastic bored and disappointed voice. Thea hugged me tightly.

"All right! You guys are complete! So, what are you guys going to do today?"

"Oh, you know Mrs. C., hang out, catch up, watch movies. Typical."

"Oh, okay. Sounds cozy," mom prepared hot chocolate mugs on a tray and gave it to John, "Well, here you go, drink up!"

"YUMMM! Thanks Mrs. C!" John said happily and took the big mug. Typical. We went outside at the patio so we could hang out there while drinking our warm and frothy cups of melted dark chocolate with a mountain of marshmallows. Even though we decided to do this instead of hanging out in the mall, going on a road trip or other wild adventures, it was kind of relaxing doing this, and I think every one was enjoying this time of relaxing. We kept talking about our lives, not the deep and dramatic parts of it, but the funny and down-to-earth experiences we've had during those times we didn't get to see each other. John talked about how their coach got pissed at him every time he arrived late and made him do an additional one hundred push ups. But then boasted that his muscles got bigger... now I don't feel sorry for him. Aries told us he got in to the State University too, but without scholarship. But the most surprising was how Zander told me about his and Thea's 'little adventure' at the community zoo, which I knew nothing about.

"Our stupid science teacher wanted us to interview workers at the zoo and experience taking care of the animals for a day. I chose Thea to be my partner. And when we got home, boy, I just wanted to live in our bath tub. We smelled like poo and different kinds of animal stench. Bleh!" We all laughed, loudly, after Zander made his 'disgusted' face. But then immediately, I punched Thea on her arm.

"OWW! What was that for?!" Thea shouted.

"FOR NOT TELLING ME!"

She didn't look angry anymore, now, she looked like she was about to kneel in front of me. "I'm so so so sorryyyy! Hey, 'Tis the season to forgive, right?" She gave me a huge smile.

"You're lucky." I gave her my angry face, but at the same time I was happy for her. Really happy. I liked Zander too before, but now this was going on, he's all her's.