End That Crap

Jeff's Point of View

"Bro, where you've been?! Cut third period again?" I'm sitting alone on one of the cafeteria tables near the windows with two trays in front of me, both with a plate of salad and a bowl of soup. It was snowing now, so it's really cold. I heard a voice from behind me, I looked back and saw John, who was holding a Subway sub on his right hand and a Diet Coke on the left.

"Nah, History dude let us out early. How 'bout you?"

"Cut third period," he said with a huge smile on his face, '"Oh.... bro, you didn't have to buy me lunch! But... next time though, it wouldn't hurt to be a nice meal of mac and cheese or something, okay? I'm not a goat."

"In your face man! THAT is not yours. It's Caroline's."

He looked disappointed. "Oh man, not again! Seriously!"

"Dude, what is your problem with Caroline?!" I said with a stern voice.

"YOU KNOW what, okay?! And I bet you feel the same way. I don't know why you wouldn't just end this shit, or whatever it is you guys have." 

"HEY! Dude, I didn't tell you what to do when you had that crappy relationship with your girlfriend!"

He was quiet for a moment. "You're right man," he said looking apologetic but then his face went serious again, "that's because I wasn't too blind to see how horrible things were going and wasn't too chicken to end it!" He took another bite of his sandwich in a very angry manner, drank his Coke until he finished it, and slammed it on top of the table.

I was about to answer back, but then I saw Aries walking towards us.

"So sweet man! Saved a table at  a nice spot for us!" Aries said as he sat down beside John and took a bite of his sub and moved towards the bowl of soup. I slapped his hand.

"THAT is not yours! Don't touch it!"

"Uh-oh, he's being defensive," Aries looked around giving off his scared look, "she's coming isn't she?!"

Both of them laughed, but I didn't.

"I was just talking to our pal here what we've been proposing for him to do these past few months! But, still a NO," John said.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, just give me a break." This topic came up everyday, and honestly, I am so sick and tired of hearing it. Though I know they were just being honest, but man, give me a break. I know they're mad at me for skipping basketball practice and Friday hang outs with them, but I kind of felt sorry for Caroline since I didn't spend much time with her during the summer, especially when we moved to the apartment. But since we have school now, our parents let Leena and I to just stay at home and not come with them to meet other people. It's been a while since Leena and I hung out together, talking and asking out-of-the-world questions about ourselves. Now, we just waved and said 'Hi' whenever we saw each other outside of our house, heading to our different schools. Our school was at the main city, while theirs were closer to the neighborhood. I miss talking to her, actually. It's kind of ironic though, you feel so far away from someone even though you just live right across their house.