He Gave You The Shoulder Brush

I decided to take a break from hanging out with men. I needed some girl time, so I called my best friend Thea. I just want to tell her EVERYTHING, so we went to the best place where you could stay for hours and hours without any security guard or waiter giving you the cold shoulder: Starbucks. <3

Thea and I have been friends since the 2nd grade, and no, we weren't the typical 'barbie girls in a barbie world' type, and we didn't spend our time braiding each other's hair and playing dress up. We had two very important things in common, and one of that was FOOD. Yes, we looooved eating at different restaurants and trying everything in their menu, but we also loved to cook for ourselves. Last school year, freshman year, we started saving up some money from our weekly allowance. And when summer came, each of us almost earned about P 10,000 each. So we went out on a BFF date every day, each in a different restaurant. And whenever we felt tired of eating outside, we would just stay in one of our house and bake! And one whole summer of doing that is equivalent to muffin tops and flabs. Which is why this summer, we planned to do burn all of those stored calories by enrolling in a gym class. Bleh.

The second thing we had in common, was that we both liked the same guy in school, whose name was Zander. Weird? Nope! We actually loved it! Spending lunch and break time together spying on that one cute guy was our favorite. You know, typical high-school, lovey-dovey, crush. We always made it a competition, who scored the most every day in terms of number of eye-to-eye contact or number of small-talk moments we had with him. I really think it's kinda creepy, but hey, it's so fun! Poor guy though.

"HELLOOO!!! Earth to Leena, you there?!"

I jerked as a loud voice snapped me back to consciousness.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!" I stood up from my chair and hugged my best friend so tight, just like what Marion did to me.

"Dude what the hell! Stop it! Shhh, god everyone is looking at us", Thea said, pushing me away, rejecting my affection.

"But we haven't seen each other in like... a week!"

"Gee, that's a heart breaker", she said sarcastically. "Come on let's order coffee now."

"Oh! Could you buy me an iced Caramel Macchiato? PLES?", I said with a big smile.

Thea just rolled her eyes. Oh she loves me so much, she's just too shy to admit it.

"So, what have you been doing the first week of our summer break?", I asked her as she was walking back to our table. We always chose this spot, write next to the small coffee tree that gives off a divine aroma of coffee goodness. This is the best Starbucks store here in town.

"NOTHING FUN, i'll tell you that", she replied, "my mom keeps asking me to clean my room, my brother's room, their room, and even the damn garage."

"Yikes. Hey, at least we're starting our gym program next week, right? No more backing out, i'll kill you."

"Yeah yeah. Don't worry, I got all of my gym clothes ready. We gon' burn these babies up", she said while rubbing her flabs. "How 'bout you? What have you been doing?"