Stressed But Impressed

"Now, if you could open your textbooks at page 512," my History teacher said.

But I don't want to open my textbook at page 512. I just want to stare at this blackboard behind you and just do nothing.

".... read the 3rd paragraph up to the 5th."

But I don't want to read.

"... then after, answer the review questions. You may start."

But I don't want to!

I just want to lie down on my sweet and soft bed and sleep until night time. I've only had about 3 hours sleep today, I was up until 2 am, then I woke up at 5 am just to finish everything that we had to pass today. Exams are coming up, which means it's the beginning of the most-awaited Hell Week. I finished 3 essays for English Lit., I made some progress on my Junior Term Paper, I tried to finish my science project but failed to do so, then I answered some review exercises for the Math Competition which was just 2 weeks away.

Then suddenly, I felt an excruciating pain on my arm. Someone pinched me!

"OW!!!", I shouted, not that loud so the teacher wouldn't hear me, but loud enough for my seatmates to turn their heads towards me. Some of them giggled.

I looked at my right and saw Zander's eyes motioning towards my text book.

"You didn't have to do that!", I replied, again trying to be quiet enough for my teacher to hear.

"Stop daydreaming and help me out! You'll be my partner!", he said dragging his chair towards me. Then I suddenly realized that all of my classmates were paired up and I was the only one alone, and Zander.

"Oh. Why do you have to be my partner?", I said with a sarcastic disappointed voice.

"Well, obviously you were not listening. Just... okay?!"

We worked on this seat work about the Second World War for up to 30 minutes when the teacher stopped us since it was time already. The bell rang and all of us stood up, preparing to go home.

"Hey! Why don't you come with us? We're going to Jeff's house," Zander offered.

"You're going there again? You do know that finals are coming up."

"We still have a week to chill, girl!"

I rolled my eyes. Oh, boys. "Well, fine. Are we just going to walk?" I picked up my bag and my books then started walking with Zander towards the front entrance.

"Yeah right. Jeff's going to pick us up!" I stopped walking. Again, we haven't talked since our classes started again. Just like before, we just said 'Hello' every time we saw each other outside of our house. But, I guess it wasn't that awkward like last time. Besides, I still feel this weird debt of gratitude when he gave me the gift. But, fine whatever. I just want to go home and take a nap.

"... okay. But I have to say bye to Thea first. Where is she by the way?" I looked around the fields trying to find my best friend. Zander did the same.

"There!", he shouted. He smiled and waved at her. She smiled back, and I know deep down inside her she's jumping for joy.

She ran towards us.

"Hey!", she said as she hugged me. I looked at her face which just looks just as tired as mine. "You going home, Leena?"

"Hell yeah. Imma get me some nappy time," I said with my trying-hard cute voice.

"Damn, me too. But sorry, I can't walk home with you today. I have to come over to my Math classmate's house just to get my book. She 'accidentally' took it home," she replied while rolling her eyes.