I Respect Her That Much

Jeff's Point of View

"Well, thanks again for the ride! See you soon", Leena said as she stepped out of my SUV. I waved goodbye. And suddenly, my phone vibrated twice.

John

Dude what, did you bang her already? Where are you the movie is starting???!?!?!?!

Caroline

Hey were are you? Come to my house. All alone. :(

Oh god. Seriously?! She used 'were' instead of 'where'?! God. I REALLY want to watch the movie, but I've bailed on Caroline for how many times now. I feel bad.

To John:

Yo, sorry. Gotta go Caroline's calling me.

Next time.

I went straight to Caroline's house, which was about 30 minutes away from Leena's. I parked my car in their driveway and knocked at the front door. She opened it right away.

"Hey, handsome." She grabbed my arms and kissed me. "God, what have you been doing, we barely spend time with each other now."

"What do you mean?! I was here on Sunday?", I said sounding a little pissed. God I didn't know having a girlfriend like this needed so much time and effort. I think she wants me to be with her every single minute!

"Well, yeah. DUH. But were you here on Monday? How about this morning? And last Friday! We were supposed to have a romantic date every Friday night, right?" You see? So much work. TOO Much work. And this romantic date she's talking about is too expensive okay. It's like this fancy fine-dining restaurant near the mall, and well, it is way out of my budget, especially now since dad's losing money. I'd be happier to take her to T.G.I. Friday's.

Ha-ha. I remember Leena and the lie that she told Thea. FAIL.

"Well, I'm sorry okay, I had to go out with my family."

"Ugh, whatever. Let's go watch some TV in my room, aaaand I've got popcorn and chocolates!" She dragged me up the stairs towards her room. Caroline's house was a huge modern-looking house. Her dad's a businessman, which explains why. It literally looks like a big white mansion, 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and plenty of other rooms. I don't know why though, she's just an only child.

"Come here", she placed her hand on her bed, signaling that I should sit right beside her. So I did. She chose a movie, which was about some teenage girl who died in a car crash, who was supposedly to audition at Julliard 'cause she's amazing with the cello. And I think Caroline was almost close to crying in some parts of the movie.

"Hey, after that you wanna watch How I Met Your Mother instead?" Please say yes. Please say yes!

"What? No. I downloaded Mean Girls a while ago", she said angrily.