Make Up Your Mind, Bro

Jeff's Point of View

It was 5 am when my alarm started making noises. John, Zander, and the others suddenly got the energy to have a daily run at John's subdivision, which was just 2 blocks away from our house. Plus, he invited his sister, Thea and her best friend, Leena. We only invited them the last minute. John told us that Thea knew that we were going jogging the next day, and she kept asking if she could go, together with Leena, she wouldn't take no for an answer. Besides, I think they're pretty cool to hang out with? It's pretty nice to have girl friends, right?

I stood up from my bed, feeling weak as ever, washed and bathed, then I wore my jogging clothes.

As I went down to our kitchen, I already found my dad and my mom there, having breakfast.

"Woah there! What the hell is happening?! You are definitely not an early riser", dad said.

"Going jogging."

"By yourself??", dad asked looking very puzzled.

"No. With the guys. And some girls."

Dad's eyes widened.

"John's brother, and apparently, Leena", I said with a neutral voice.

"Leena? You're Uncle's daughter, Leena?"

I nodded.

"I didn't know you were hanging out already."

"I saw her at the mall last time, with John's sister Thea. She didn't know how to go home by herself, so I just took her home."

"Wow. Very thoughtful of you!" Dad looked pretty impressed. I can see him grinning. "But wait, I thought you were taking Caroline out this morning???"

Oh shit. I totally forgot! She's gonna kill me.

"Don't tell me you forgot?"

"Actually I did, shoot", I said running back straight to my room to grab my phone and text her.

Hey, sorry. Can I just pick you up at 11 instead?

- Jeff

Caroline has been my girlfriend since 2nd year high school, which means we've been together for 2 years now. And honestly, it has been great. But for the past few months now, she's just starting to get too relaxed, you know? Aren't relationships supposed to be a give-and-take or something? Not that you immediately expect something in return, but, a thank you or a simple gesture might be nice.

I went back down to the kitchen, my dad still there.