The Girl In The Photograph

"I LOST 5 POUNDSSSSSS!", Thea shouted inside my room as she stepped on my weighing scale.

"Good for you!" I said as I was searching for clothes inside my closet. Summer is already over, and school starts tomorrow. So we help each other out in choosing outfits to wear for the first day of school. Typical girl stuff.

"How 'bout you? Come on! Step on it!" Thea dragged me towards the weighing scale, since I didn't want to see my weight. I might have gained weight rather than lose some.

I stepped on the scale looking straight on the wall as Thea watched the numbers increase.

"HEY. Not bad! You lost about.... 3 pounds!"

"WHAT?! Only 3?!"

"Well, what do you expect? You and Jeff keep on having dates", she teased as she looked outside of my window looking over at their apartment.

"WE NEVER HAD A DATE, okay? We've been through this!"

"Yeah, whatever. So... does it bother you that they just live a few steps away from your house? You know he might be watching you every time you go outside or something. Maybe even uses binoculars!"

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! That is.. way creepy! He's not as crazy as you."

"You'll never know. Hey, why did they move again?"

"They have some problem with the loan for their house. You know, financial stuff. But don't worry, they'll get their house back", I said feeling nervous, since I wasn't really sure that they would. I couldn't really keep Jeff's secret now since all of us knew that he moved houses.

"That sucks, huh?"

"Yeah... I know."

"Good thing you're helping him out!" I looked back at her, trying to look if she was hiding some hidden meaning from what she just said. "Hahahahhahaha! I know you guys spend a lot of time together now, okay? Don't hide it from me."

"Whatever."

Thea was silent, but she kept looking at me, smiling. She looked like she wanted to say something, but tried hard not to. But, after a few seconds she spoke. ".....oooooh Leena!!! I'm sorry, but I really hope you guys get together! We all do!"

"WHAT?! You all do?"

"YEAH! Aries, Zander, and even my brother! But when I talk to him about you guys he doesn't talk a lot. He's a little quiet than usual. Weird. But.... ughhhh! Can't you guys just be together already? We can feel the tension between you guys every time we hang out!"

"THEA. PLEASE. STOP. Stop it, okay? I told you, we can't. Yes, I do like him. But, no!" I shouted since there was no one else in my house than the two of us. "And I don't want to talk about it anymore, okay?"