Two

~One Month Later~

"You know" Evelyn waltzes into my apartment through the elevator that opens right into my living room. I'm in my living room painting the garden I saw before I left Volterra "if your looking for a reason to talk, you could just schedule an appointment not send chocolates. Though they are very delicious"

"I" not bothering to look at my daughter "have not the slightest idea what your talking about" painting the purple flower I saw "besides" finally looking at her and to the box "I know you don't eat regular milk chocolates"

"Oh?" She eats another chocolate "you didn't send these?"

"Why would I send chocolates?" I ask

"I don't know" she sits down on the couch "you can be very unpredictable"

"Well, I can assure you that those chocolates aren't from me" then I realize "oh" setting my palette down with my paint brush I clap my hands "maybe you have an admirer"

She shakes her head "I do not have time to date"

"Uh huh" taking a chocolate, I savor the bittersweet ness of this one with a raspberry filling "these are quite delicious, where are they from?"

"Doesn't say" she says, I shrug my shoulders and take another one. Evelyn then looks at my pile of mail, she picks up one "who's this from?" I take the letter, looking from both sides. The only return address says Castle Volterra, with the address. Opening it up, I read the letter.

Dear Alexis,

Sometimes the best advice you can receive is one from a complete stranger and you never did let me give you any. So here's my advice for you, sometimes the hardest thing to do is let go but in the end you'll see that it's worth it. I hope all is well with you and your children, don't give up hope with them.

Sincerely,
Marcus

"Hmm" I only had one conversation with the man and he seems to know where I live. Also he tells me to give up on something, hah! He doesn't know me, I don't like to give up on things so easily until I know there is no way to try anymore. Maybe even then I won't give up, like destroying my ex husband. He will pay for cheating on me.

"Who's that from?" Evelyn asks

"A friend" Evelyn isn't one to really pay that much attention to you and your interests, she takes after Maxwell in that department.

"Well" she stands "I have a busy day" doesn't even say goodbye, she just leaves the room. But instead of being sad about my daughter leaving without really seeming to care about those around her, I go and send a letter to Marcus. What does someone say to someone who you know nothing about, I can start off with a simple introduction like giving information like he did or go straight to it. Either way, it's something.

As I write, I get a phone call and answer it seeing it's from my little brother Charlie. "Hello Charles" he hates being called his full name and not his nickname, like his brat of a daughter Isabella. I swear that girl needs a good spank on the behind, I mean my children who can be terrors at times are nothing compared to Isabella "what had you calling me right now? We normally schedule times to speak with one another"

"Alexis" he answers tiredly "I need some advice"

"Oh?" I smile at an inside joke "the great Charles Ottis Swan needs my help?" Charlie never likes to ask for help, it's his one of his many flaws "whatever do you need?" I continue to write my letter to Marcus.

"It's Bella"

"Oh" I clap my hands with joy "you've finally decided to give her a good punishing like she's always needed and you feel guilty so you came to me"

"No" he interrupted me "I didn't"

"Oh" I cut him off "you need ideas with how to punish her, well maybe start her off with a firm yelling then follow it by"

"Alexis!" He yells "I'm not punishing Bella" well, that was anticlimactic "I need advice about boyfriends"

"Oh? Is she like her mother where she spreads her legs and now she's pregnant and you need to send her away because you or Renee or Bella are ashamed?" Renee is Charlie's ex wife who is nothing more than a gold digger, it's why our father put in his will that when he died none of his money goes to Charlie or Bella but that it goes to me and my children. Well us and Charlie's younger daughter Helen who he doesn't even acknowledge, Helen was named after mom before she died. She's the only child I'm proud that is Charlie's, Bella is a disgraceful brat.

"No" he snaps "Bella isn't like that" are you sure? Last I saw her, which was on her birthday since I came to visit Forks she was in her room with one of Charlie's friends sons "she's going through a breakup" I wonder why? "I need your help, she refuses to see any help and"

"Why would she need help?" I ask

"She's gone into this depression" he explains "please, I'll explain more if you come"

"Fine" it's not like any of my children need me, they haven't needed me in a while. Plus, I can see Helen so I guess there is a bright side.